By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A BUNCH of new Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World Screens!

Soriku said:
kingofwale said:
Soriku said:
Huh? Tales of Symphonia on the GC didn't make dialogue optional. Or do you mean when you go into the "System" menu you can choose to have dialogue go fast or slow?

Really? Because when I read the video review for the game on IGN, it said that it's one option you can do.

Man, Tales of the World pretty much killed me with repetitive and useless talks whenever I come back to town.

IGN has lied to you. There is no option like that, unfortunately.

@WoW

O_o Eh...I'm stumped.
You can skip past the dialogue by pressing A(I think it was A). 

As far as graphics; The environments seem to have gone through a little upgrade to me, but I haven't seen many sid-by-side pics of environments from both games.  The characters do seem to have much more life in the faces from what I can see.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
@Silent

I know that, but I think KoW was talking about actually skipping the scenes...I think. Maybe I misunderstood his question. What did you mean, KoW?

Haven never played the game on GC and based all my knowledge on IGN video review, I have no idea what it is. lol, but when I heard that, I thought it was a cool feature.

It'd sure make my experience with Tales of the World much more enjoyable.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
kingofwale said:
Soriku said:
@Silent

I know that, but I think KoW was talking about actually skipping the scenes...I think. Maybe I misunderstood his question. What did you mean, KoW?

Haven never played the game on GC and based all my knowledge on IGN video review, I have no idea what it is. lol, but when I heard that, I thought it was a cool feature.

It'd sure make my experience with Tales of the World much more enjoyable.

Like Soriku said, I don't think that there is a way to skip the cutscenes entirely, but pressing A will skip over each line of dialogue individually.

This games visuals are garbage.

I hope the game ends up looking better than those screens. This game looks more like a cash-in rather than a flagship, million-selling RPG.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

I really like how the new characters look, thanks for the info!

Around the Network
Soriku said:

You've gotta be kidding me.

First of all, those screens are low quality. Second, you've never played a Tales of game before to know how they look like. Tales of games have NEVER been graphics focused. It's mostly gameplay. Just because you look at ToV thinking those are good graphics doesn't mean this is garbage. ToV is on an HD system and desn't even use much of the 360's power. ToV can even be done on the Wii which proves it doesn't look all that great (for HD consoles).

You can't compare a gmae that originated on the 360 and compare it to that originiated on the Wii. It's not fair.

I don't need to have played ToS to judge how this games looks; the screen shots are right in front of my face thanks to you giving us daily updates. I never even mentioned ToV, so I don't know where you got that from. The games visuals look bad for any console, HD or not. Even the PS2 and Gamecube had cell-shaded games with better looking visuals than this game has. Wind Waker, a GameCube game, even had better visuals. This game looks more like a PSP game than a Wii game.

I don't know about you, Soriku, but when I buy a new console and one of it's biggest RPG's are coming out, I expect the console to be utilized properly. I have every right to be disappointed, considering you and I both know the Wii can do far, FAR more than this.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Don't give a shit what fanboys think about the graphics.

Just give me the game already.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

kingofwale said:
from my experience with Tales franchise, I absolutely HATED all the dialogs. I hope this one can do what Tales game on GC did, make it optional.

And yes, it does look very nice, this might be the best RPG for Wii.

You mean skits? Yeah, they're optional.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

@Soriku:

I'm going to give the Tales of' games a chance. I wouldn't be looking at screen shots and criticizing the games if I wasn't. Remember, I'm the same guy that said Mass Effect and Lost odyssey didn't look good. I will more than likely buy this game, because it does looks fairly interesting. Still, I want to see the Wii being utilized properly, especially when the game in question is one of the Wii's bigger games.