By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - U2's New Album "Songs of Innocence" Whats your take on it?

Been a U2 fan since about 2003. Took me a while then to catch up on their immense catalog and it was a rewarding experiance. However after listen to all their amazing music with 18 months I was let down when How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb came out, No line on the Horizon had its moments but had too many songs I felt the need to skip.

This album f-ing rocks. When you get past all the whiny ass people crying about getting a free album and actually listen to it, it is their best offering since 1991 with Actung Baby, in fact it is possibly their 2nd most contsistent album behind AB. (Joshua Tree  has some of their best songs but it also has some very forgettable ones).

I have had it on repeat as I play Destiny on Patrol or in Strike (not Crucible need full concetration for that, lol) and I have NEVER felt the need to skip a track, I cant say that has ever happened for me.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

people still listen to music? how droll.

kowenicki said:
Poor. Like everything U2 has done in the last 20 years.

It is much better than anything the past 20 years. Like I said since AB. In fact only AB and Joshua Tree are better albums as a whole, while War and Unforgettable Fire has songs that are classics there are songs on both that are terrinble now and in fact were terrible 30 years ago.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

I've only heard one song from it on the radio, and I didn't really like it...but then again, I've never liked U2 so that explains my issue.

I'm not a big U2 fan but some of their songs are decent.
With that said, the new one kinda sucks...
Sorry

Around the Network

Pretty good... it is free.

Too busy listening to good rock like 'Stairway to Heaven' and 'Bohemian Rhapsody'.

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata