By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Final Fantasy XV On 3DS For Japan - Any Reason Not To?

Not going to happen, if you want FFXV or KH3 get a damn PS4

Around the Network

Yes, it involves doing work for Square. Also, they don't think people on the 3DS or Wii U want those kinds of gaming experiences, for some reason. And lastly, main FF titles have been console only for a while, so..

Not saying it's a bad idea, I just don't think that even if the idea came across Square, they would be very tempted to do it.

Soundwave said:

There are no sacrifices made to DQX because it's not running off the 3DS. It's likely running off some PC rig a few miles away. 

There's no "aesthetic" that works better or worse, it's just a video signal. 

It's the same thing as Playstation Now, one type of game doesn't look neccessarily any better than any other type of game, just like one type of movie doesn't look better on Netflix than another kind. None of the rendering is done locally. 

RPGs in general are probably better for streaming because they aren't as dependant on quick twitch button presses, that's the main issue (input lag). Graphics aren't the issue. You could stream graphics far in advance of even what the PS4 can render natively (Avatar quality or better) to a 3DS (or any other device with a screen and WiFi connection) if you really wanted to. 

If that's true, then I suppose there really isn't a reason, other than server set-up/maintenance costs. I'll guess I'll have to read up more on DQX on the 3DS. Wasn't aware the presentation was the same as the console/PC versions.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Square Enix are of the opinion that the success of the japanese console industry depends on the success of FF XV, that's your reason.

If it doesn't have the wished effect than it might come to 3DS later.

It could be done.

That said, the experience of playing on a handheld is very different from a console, so Square may not do it because it does not provide the feeling it planned for the game.

On the other hand, Square is indeed trying to put their games on every possible hardware, so who knows.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

Nothing is "easier" to stream, that's kind of silly. It's like saying I think Netflix stream Pixar movies on 3DS but not Avatar or live action movies like the Avengers. Streaming is streaming, it doesn't matter what the video signal is. 

I was figuring that if there need be a downgrade in graphics due to the 3DS being leagues weaker than the PS4 no matter of streaming, KH would take less of a noticeable hit. FF is much more life-like and would most likely look worse in that case.

On the other hand, what do I know.

PS4/X1 crowd go ape if game isn't 1080p, 3DS fans want streamed video of game in 240p. Nice!

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

XV isn't going to be a subscription-based game though, is it? I suppose they could make one version of it subscription-based...

They won't do it though because Squeenix.