Microsoft and Sony 11 6.55%

Nintendo and Sony 84 50.00%

Sony and Microsoft 2 1.19%

Nintendo and Nintendo 13 7.74%

Nintendo and Capcom 17 10.12%

Square Enix and Microsoft 4 2.38%

Square Enix and EA 5 2.98%

Total:168

I doubt streaming will replace local gaming anytime soon. Remember the shitstorm about always online Xbox?
Streaming is the perfect DRM.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Wait... Is that option right? Nintendo and Nintendo.... o_o

kowenicki said:
Vena said:

kowenicki said:

streaming is inevitable and specific hardware won't be required.

Until we break the speed of light, active and fast paced gaming on streaming will be a crapshoot. (Not to mention how terrible the infrastructure is the world over for this to be even remotely viable, it will take decades to bring this up to snuff.)

Decades? Thats nonsense. Internet speed isnt a problem for the vast majority of gamers already.

http://www.netindex.com/download/allcountries/

the servers would cost a lot, u need a lot in different locations to get a decent ping.  

and having 50m gamers flooding the internet will cause some problems. u need a lot more power to stream than for classical mp.

PlayStation 4 struggled to be cost effective? Isn't it selling at a profit?

Sony itself is sinking, not even Sony Computer Entertainment can save it. They need to restructure themselves.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
I wouldn't be that surprised and it would make perfect sense.

streaming is inevitable and specific hardware won't be required.

Except that games are what makes hardware, not the inverse. If, let's assume, TLOU3 or UC7 were set to release on PS5, ppl would definetely buy whatever runs them. If Sony makes another console it will sell anyway because the games will sell it.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...

A partnership makes sense, provided MS still owns Xbox and Sony is still in business by the time the PS5 and X2 come out.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:
A partnership makes sense, provided MS still owns Xbox and Sony is still in business by the time the PS5 and X2 come out.

Yeah, its not a one buys the other sort of thing, if PS5 and XB2 are virtual they basically have the same goal and have more to benefit if they work together. MS isn't going to try and dominate the gaming of their own OS again, but they do want to go up aganst the other only venders, and Sony would be the new kid on the block, not with SOE but with PlayStation.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

fireburn95 said:
PlayStation 4 struggled to be cost effective? Isn't it selling at a profit?

That's exactly why it struggled to be cost effective, It could not sell at a loss, which limited its power compared to that of PCs. Obliviously its powerful but there ids only so much you can do with 380~ worth of parts.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Nintendo and Sony?

Nah.