By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - I guess I have two kids in another state that I have to relinquish my rights to... Finished

Why in the world would you torment those kids with pictures of your own family?

Your basicly saying: "This is the family you never had, good luck with your new one"
its great you care about these kids while they aint yours but they have never met you, don't know who you are and they have a chance to get into a loving foster family. Which hopefully they will love.. They don't need to see pictures of your kids who are not related at all and do have a "happy" family..

Just asks the foster parents to give an update from time to time.. but don't go bringing your own family into this.. its hard enough for the kids to adjust to a foster family.

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

I hope the kids will get good forster parents.

DD_Bwest said:
I would say you should probably call a lawyer. these things can change state to state i think.

+1.  Talk to a lawyer so you know EVERY legal angle here.

spurgeonryan said:

So I got divorced back in 2011, got seperated in 2010. But, my ex had a kid before I could get a divorce. I had to pay for a DNA test to have the divorce finalized and prove that it was not my child. Then the real father abandoned it and my ex got it taken away after reports of abuse. So it has been in Foster care for 5 years and it is handicapped. Brain damaged I think. Then while She was fighting that she did not hurt the child, she had another one, and since it was like 150 days after our divorce it is technically mine as well. Even though I have not been in that state for nearly 5 years.

So now I get a call asking me to give up my rights so that these kids can go to foster care. Technically they are mine and She alreadly lost her rights. I want to end these kids suffering as soon as possible, but at the same time I want them to know that they do have family. My own kids that live with me are technically their brothers and sisters. I think that the handicapped one and the other one deserve to have that, especially after all Psycho Ex has put them through.

Can I make the Foster parents keep in touch if I agree to do a fast sign over of my rights? I think they would agree, but you never know, and I am dealing with my own State agency, that is the mediator from the other state who is doing all this on behalf of the Foster parents who want to adopt these kids.

Any ideas? Noname? I have free legal services that I pay for monthly, but I can only get basic information out of them.

People who work at Walmart shouldn't procreate once, let alone several times. It's despicable that people feel entitled to produce offspring they cannot afford who become wards of the state where the rest of society has to care for them.

Arcturus said:
Even though you aren't the biological father of these two children, they are legally considered your children because you were still technically married to the children's mother when they were born?

Yea, I read that and was like WTF!  Is the OP misinterpreting the law or does he live in a REALLY fucked up state?

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:
Why in the world would you torment those kids with pictures of your own family?

Your basicly saying: "This is the family you never had, good luck with your new one"
its great you care about these kids while they aint yours but they have never met you, don't know who you are and they have a chance to get into a loving foster family. Which hopefully they will love.. They don't need to see pictures of your kids who are not related at all and do have a "happy" family..

Just asks the foster parents to give an update from time to time.. but don't go bringing your own family into this.. its hard enough for the kids to adjust to a foster family.

I think some people keep missing this from the OP, but the kids ARE related.  They have the same mother.

thismeintiel said:
Arcturus said:
Even though you aren't the biological father of these two children, they are legally considered your children because you were still technically married to the children's mother when they were born?

Yea, I read that and was like WTF!  Is the OP misinterpreting the law or does he live in a REALLY fucked up state?

That is the standard solution pretty much all over the world actually, so this shouldn't come as such a surprise.

I would just let these kids go.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

If you have the means (sorry did not read every post) Maybe assume custody. I know they are technically not yours, but they share a blood connection with your kids. I know personally if I was in your situation and had the means I totally would, I would want to keep the kids together!

It would not be easy and you have to be mentally ready, but it can be rewarding in it's own right! Plus you help your kids out and keep family together.

(well I just seen your last post on the first page)

I can understand your position, unfortunate as far as I know you can sign your rights over and ask them to keep in touch but if the kids are adopted that's pretty much were that would end, unless the adoptive parents are ok with it, I would honestly expect that.

Scisca said:
thismeintiel said:
Arcturus said:

That is the standard solution pretty much all over the world actually, so this shouldn't come as such a surprise.

Well, that's a horrible solution.  Especially after you've already gotten a divorce.

thismeintiel said:
Scisca said:
thismeintiel said:
Arcturus said:

Well, that's a horrible solution.  Especially after you've already gotten a divorce.

That's the result of family law shaping up over a hundred years ago and lawyers being awfully conservative and not willing to acknowledge the developments in science. It is sad and stupid, but what can we do.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.