By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Planning To Stream Xbox 360 and Xbox One Games to Windows PCs

Isn't most of X360 and X1 games already playable in PC??? No need to stream a game from them to the PC if you can just steam them right?? /jk.

Besides co-op and letting your wife see tv on the mainroom and you bee able to play on notebook/desktop without having to change cables I see little reason for it. At least on PSV you get portable and can play on the bus, etc.

Let's see how it turn out.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Imaginedvl said:
ganoncrotch said:
just lol at comparing this to streaming to a Vita system :] The day you can easily bring your windows PC to the bathroom with you will be the day this is in any way similar... and even then... not really.

Yes seriously lol.... just lol... Comparing streaming to streaming lol... lol
Streaming is not only about playing in the bathroom you know. When I go somewhere I can use any PC to stream my games from home, not what can be done with theVita to a lesser extend... lol?

You seem a little touchy about this, the ability to continue playing the likes of games like Diablo 3 from the PS4 in bed via the Vita is a completely different scenario to and one that is not doable with this sort of streaming platform, unless they were to add tablet support for it as well in which case you would still need a controller connected to the tablet to be able to even dream of considering playing anything other than fruit ninja.

Like I said, comparing the two things being offered here is laughable, much like how it seems to have touched a nerve here.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

No thanks, give me native ports

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

JayWood2010 said:
The_Sony_Girl1 said:
I guess they're showing they're leaving the console market.
XanderXT said:
Bye bye XBox.

You have to own a Xbox to do this from the looks of it.  Im curious if either one of you all said something similar when it came to PlayStation Now?

Oh darn it! Now my dad will buy me an X1 first! 

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

I use streaming (as in Wii U gamepad) to play Videogames while watching the news at the same time.

Around the Network
ganoncrotch said:
Imaginedvl said:
ganoncrotch said:
just lol at comparing this to streaming to a Vita system :] The day you can easily bring your windows PC to the bathroom with you will be the day this is in any way similar... and even then... not really.

Streaming is not only about playing in the bathroom you know. When I go somewhere I can use any PC to stream my games from home, not what can be done with theVita to a lesser extend... lol?

You seem a little touchy about this, the ability to continue playing the likes of games like Diablo 3 from the PS4 in bed via the Vita is a completely different scenario to and one that is not doable with this sort of streaming platform, unless they were to add tablet support for it as well in which case you would still need a controller connected to the tablet to be able to even dream of considering playing anything other than fruit ninja.

Like I said, comparing the two things being offered here is laughable, much like how it seems to have touched a nerve here.

Windows tablets have USB ports for controller support no? So why not connect the controller you already have?

The_Sony_Girl1 said:
I guess they're showing they're leaving the console market.

I would suggest that they are rightfully thinking about the future of gaming. There probably will not be a console generation after this one. It will most likely be cloud based gaming as internet speeds improve further along with advancing cloud based technologies.

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Gamertag:  GamertagOz70

ganoncrotch said:
Imaginedvl said:
ganoncrotch said:

just lol :)

would be nice to be streaming on my laptop, when i´m not home,
as long as i don´t have to let the console running all the time to do it

kowenicki said:
So streaming to just the vita, which virtually nobody wants to own, is awesome but streaming to any windows device is pointless. Never change VGC. Priceless.

What?

While i agree ; I do think many are not looking at this very clearly, that this is infact very usefull function. That laptops can really benefit quite a lot from this. On the same Token Sonys streaming technology is not just limited to only the playstation Vita, and you know d@mn well thats true.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.