By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Do You Still Think Wii U is Going to Outsell the Xbox One this Holiday?

Who Will Sell more?

Wii U 460 66.86%

Xbox One 228 33.14%

Total:688
toastbuy44562 said:

OMG WII U is gonna destory XBO with smash bros and mario cart, XBO sucks compared to PS4 it's gonna be destoyed by everyone. Think 20K first week in China, new baseline is gonna be exactly the same LOL less than half PS4!!! NOBODY cares about Master Chief collection and Sunset overdrive gonna fade from memory and never be heard from again just like XBO LOL 

Is this toastboy trolling himself? Toastboy from another dimension?

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network
celador said:
How many people ever believed it would, like 3?

X1 will outsell it 2:1, maybe more

u want to take a bet?

Yes, I still think Wii U is going to outsell the Xbox One this holiday... because I still think there are the better titles for it this holidays AND amiibo. And after reading toastboy's threads I think I am now in a fanboy vs fanboy situation. In that case: GO Nintendo!

I don't hate Microsoft, I don't hate PC,
I don't prefer Sony, I don't prefer Nintendo.
...Ok, I love Nintendo but this is something about tolerance, ok?

I'm a gamer with one of the greatest hobbies and I want to share this greatness with everyone.

it's not going to happen.
i'm surprised so many people think the wii u will outsell the x1.
the wii u sales will increase, like any other holiday, but outsell the x1? I doubt that.

roborad said:
the wii u sales will increase, like any other holiday, but outsell the x1? I doubt that.

Only major first party title that gets any decent sales that is coming is Halo. Nintendo has exclusives lined up for a while. Since Nintendo exclusives sell Nintendo consoles usually i will be surprised if Xbox One is just barely behind the Wii U this holiday. PS4 already looks to do another 3 million sale holiday. Wii U should pass 10 million over hte holiday and the Xbox One will likely be a couple million behind the Wii U still. At least until mid year 2015

Around the Network

When i saw this topic,
and i knew this...its Toastboy again...
this fella just never gets tired.

amak11 said:
roborad said:

Only major first party title that gets any decent sales that is coming is Halo. Nintendo has exclusives lined up for a while. 

And as has been shown these past couple weeks, non first party titles can never boost a system, nobody would ever buy a console for a big third party game.

Also Nintendo has exclusives lined up, great here's what they have:

HW: will do close to nothing

Bayo 2: will do close to nothing

Toads thingamabob: will do close to nothing

Fatal Frame in JP: will do close to nothing

Smash: will definitely sell systems

Sonic: will do close to nothing

That's it I believe

OT: Question before I vote in the poll, is the Wii U leading by a large percentage once again?

The excuses are already pre-built for the Wii U this holiday.

If/when it's holiday sales come out not being so great (like last holiday) the excuse will be that Smash Bros. on 3DS negatively impacted Smash Bros. on Wii U and that $299 is too expensive for kids wanting amiibo. 

Just watch, lol.

vivster said:
Are there really people who believe that?

DerNebel said:
amak11 said:
roborad said:

Only major first party title that gets any decent sales that is coming is Halo. Nintendo has exclusives lined up for a while. 

And as has been shown these past couple weeks, non first party titles can never boost a system, nobody would ever buy a console for a big third party game.

Also Nintendo has exclusives lined up, great here's what they have:

HW: will do close to nothing

Bayo 2: will do close to nothing

Toads thingamabob: will do close to nothing

Fatal Frame in JP: will do close to nothing

Smash: will definitely sell systems

Sonic: will do close to nothing

That's it I believe

OT: Question before I vote in the poll, is the Wii U leading by a large percentage once again?

You don't know this, no one does. Nintendo gamers are whores for exclusive and you know this. Smash is about the only correct thing you said. 

HW: Hasn't had a major test in North America. 

Bayo 2: Will see a slight bump due to extra added value

Captain Toad: I know many people who want this and are using it and Smash as a tipping point to by a Wii U. The game by itself is not going to dent hard, although it is a fleshed out game starring toad

Fatal Frame: Will boost Japanese sales of Wii Us again, still hoping on a NA/EU release. 

Sonic: Something different, from the creative minds of ex Naughty Dog team members whom worked on Jak and Daxter.