By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Looks like China's Day one number will pass Japan(At least 36k from 4 major retailers/program)

Great thread, will bookmark!

Around the Network

China is prolly buying X1's so they can reverse engineer them and turn them into super weapons

100k+, eh? They're just scratching the surface! If they work it right, this'll be a window of opportunity to get China in Microsoft's grasp, huh? (Puns intended)

I was one of those who believed that China wouldn't have a large impact because of the PC, and the launch lineup, but who knows? (To clarify, I based this off the 1 million XBOnes to ship report, and confused that with the 5 million XBOnes that was the quota.)

mymuro said:
pokoko said:
Among the "unknowns", are any of them a major presence?

China Telecom(Which may take 100k-500k depends on what kind of plan they can offer). Other online stores may have ~1k total. Other offline retailers should be under in-store number.

China Telecom is big. It alone threw the Lumia 920 into production problems for two full quarters, and forced the iPhone onto it with favorable terms because the marketshare was simply too large. Take note: Apple didn't get them to stock the iPhone, they got Apple to ship them iPhones. Talk about power.

200k as a minimum for first week, then.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Not hard to do but i wonder how much Xbox One appeals to them. 

Anyway, you only need a tiny amount of the population in China to buy it and it will be successful 

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

That's pretty shocking, isn't it?

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

Expected, we all know how much Japan LOOOOVEESSS the Xbox brand

NSA is jizzing themselves over all the Chinese they can spy on.

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

the2real4mafol said:

Not hard to do but i wonder how much Xbox One appeals to them. 

Anyway, you only need a tiny amount of the population in China to buy it and it will be successful 

Many of the early adopters will probably buy it for the prestige. That may also be the reason why the bundle with Kinect is much more popular (it's better to show it to your friends).

I'm not sure how many serious gamers will buy it early at full price.

kowenicki said:
mZuzek said:
Not exactly surprising.

It isnt?

Odd that, seeing as numerous threads and posts have said we won't see any decent numbers as "you can already buy them in China anyway lolzzz" and "China is a tiny market" and "Chinese hate amercians" and "China is too poor" etc etc etc etc

1) You are considering the wackiest hater minority's predictions.
2) People could have predicted unexciting numbers, but still higher than in Japan. How many predicted sales lower than in Japan? A minority of the minority you consider?

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Ms should have sold the kincet less xbone in japan

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3