By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Now That We Know Destiny Scored Low on Metacritic...

toastboy44562 said:

It's clearly obvious Destiny is no Halo.

My question is:

Will Call of Duty score higher?? I mean, Destiny Scored lower than any Call of Duty game that I can think of... however there are a ton of Call of Duty games...

Do the critics hate FPS now? Are there so many FPS out there that they are more harsh on these type of games?

I say Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare will score 90 on Metacritic.

We can't deny that FPS market is saturated right now and the fact that we have yearly entries of the same games doesn't help.

Reviewers probably are expecting something fresh, specially because we are in the next gen.

So yeah they are probably been more harshh with these games.

Also,90 on metacritic?

Around the Network
The Fury said:
Locknuts said:
85 for AW. Glad I cancelled my destiny pre order

Why because it got 8/10 from most reviewers?

My god, how very dare they make a game and release with with overall good reviews.

yea talk about being a sheep. reviewers are getting this one wrong. it is a great game. they are literally marking it down for things like not seeing themselves being able to play it for more than a few weeks which 90% of the games they review higher dont last more than 2 weeks.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

The Fury said:
Locknuts said:
85 for AW. Glad I cancelled my destiny pre order

Why because it got 8/10 from most reviewers?

My god, how very dare they make a game and release with with overall good reviews.

Nope. Because I has serious suspicions during the beta that it was going to be a repetitive grind. Suspicions were confirmed with the full version and some of my most trusted sites gave it 6-7/10.

I wouldn't know what to expect. We're talking about a company that continually overhypes all there games.

method114 said:
JOKA_ said:
I'm looking forward to Advanced Warfare. Destiny lacks content, I feel that AW will have more to do in just the MP than all of Destiny.

(Disclaimer, I've always been a fan of CoD)

No COD game has ever had more content than Destiny has just right now. They have a Raid releasing tomorrow. There is no way COD:AW has more than Destiny ever.

This is why Destiny is being bashed all over the internet because people don't even know what they are talking about.

I totally agree with you. COD single player campaign are only 4-6 hours long. I dont understand how some people can say COD has more content than Destiny.  

To me all shooters are repetitive anyway. Destiny just seems to mix up the gameplay modes and adds more objectives while still providing a great core shooting game. Everyone I know in real life that has played the game absolutely loves it.  It is being treated unfairly on the internet for some strange reason.

Tifa got MOVES!

Around the Network

Destiny.............

Hero and Heroine Trainers Club Member.

Jinova said:
method114 said:
JOKA_ said:
I'm looking forward to Advanced Warfare. Destiny lacks content, I feel that AW will have more to do in just the MP than all of Destiny.

(Disclaimer, I've always been a fan of CoD)

No COD game has ever had more content than Destiny has just right now. They have a Raid releasing tomorrow. There is no way COD:AW has more than Destiny ever.

This is why Destiny is being bashed all over the internet because people don't even know what they are talking about.

I totally agree with you. COD single player campaign are only 4-6 hours long. I dont understand how some people can say COD has more content than Destiny.  

To me all shooters are repetitive anyway. Destiny just seems to mix up the gameplay modes and adds more objectives while still providing a great core shooting game. Everyone I know in real life that has played the game absolutely loves it.  It is being treated unfairly on the internet for some strange reason.

I have the feeling that people who didn't played the game(maybe old Halo fans etc) or pleople who played but already don't like shooters and expected a real MMO or RPG have a grudge against the game. Because otherwise it can't be explained, sure Activision hyped the game but if you watched all their Gameplay movies and trailers you would have seen what you got! So in my opinion they exactly gave me what I expected and I enjoy the game and all my friends who play the game think it's fantastic, some only started to enjoy when their level was around 20 because then they made real chances in the PvP games!!!

Jinova said:

Well said. I'd say treated unfairly by reviewers, not the internet as the community seems to like it. I'd say reviewers expected something else, some kind of revolutionary gameplay system or story but when they found it was a just a great game (like many games are) they marked it down because of their precious innovation wasn't as present as they wanted. 

Hmm, pie.

I guess 85 meta

Pocky Lover Boy!