By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Is Wrecking Some People's 3DS Handhelds

Most of these people are being way too rough with their circle pads. Kid Icarus is far more potentially destructive to your pad, and after over 40 hours of that mine is still fine.

I've dumped 5 hours into the Smash demo as well and haven't had any problems.

Around the Network
Hiku said:

Source: http://kotaku.com/super-smash-bros-is-wrecking-some-peoples-3ds-handheld-1634549128

Note that this happened after only one day of the game being out.
That's not to say I think this would happen to everyone's 3DS, or even most people's, but it is a concern of mine.
I was worried about what it would do to my 3DS stick, but I honestly didn't think it would simply break off like this.
I've been leaning further and further away from my initial plans on buying the 3DS version, and I think this might be the final nail in the coffin. If this happens to some people after only one day, I'm worried what might happen to mine after continuous play for weeks/months.

Really? This is making you want to buy the game less? Cause now I want to buy the game EVEN MORE!!

Thos people must have REALLY been into the game to do this. I remember me being into Goldeneye 007 and Perfect Dark so much I used to bump into my friends sitting next to me while I was trying to dodge them shooting at me. I was so into the game it made me feel like I was in it (chuckles, I'm a geek, I know)!!

I now do this with Mario Kart 8, although more rarely now (don't wanna lose cool points).

Guys, have some respect! Those poor Circle-pads left us for a good cause! May them RIP in peace...
Wii U version ftw, tho.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Pokemon breeders have wedged coins under the pad with no repercussions. Survived Mario Kart and Kid Icarus. Just take care of your stuff.

That's some hardcore dedication in those pictures right there lol, you can practically feel how competitive those people were becoming for that to happen.

Around the Network
TM25 said:
Pokemon breeders have wedged coins under the pad with no repercussions. Survived Mario Kart and Kid Icarus. Just take care of your stuff.

This. My DS d-pad (RIP) has been #rekt by countless hours of moving up and down Route 209/Solaceon Town/Route 215.

And, I've seen worse things happen to GameCube controllers, too. I've seen sticks break off in the middle of tournaments...

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

The pics all seem to be regular 3DS'. Hopefully my XL withstands the punishment!

tbh if you use the slidepad like a crazy person your own fault.

my 3DS withstand all my games and I had it day1.
They just raped their slidepads thats it.

That's why i said : Vs fighting are NOT for handheld consoles.

Hiku said:
sundin13 said:
Hiku said:
sundin13 said:

More like some people are wrecking their handhelds...What you are saying would be like saying "the Wii is wrecking people's TVs" when they throw their wii remote through it.

You're not meant to make the Wiimote collide with the TV though, but Smash Bros does require swift directional inputs to do Smash moves.
I believe the wear and tear of these motions may be a real concern.

Theres a difference between swift and destructively powerful. Ive destroyed controllers before because I pressed down a button hard enough that it stopped working, but I didn't blame the controller...

Right, but theres also a difference between sturdy and durable controllers, and those that are not. N64 analogs would pretty much always start detriorating fairly fast no matter how you played. And the 3DS pad doesn't exactly scream quality. I've thought about this before Smash came out based on how it fees when I use it, and how I think it may hold up from repeated swift inputs.

No they didn't I still got my launch N64 and the analog stick is still is perfectly centered. My friends on the other hand the way they played with their controls got messed up quick..