By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Destiny Dev: It Was "Liberating" to Move on From Halo

It was liberating to get rid of Bungie after Reach lol.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
jlmurph2 said:

They're very different in terms of quality. But there's obvious nods to Halo throughout the game.

Destiny is way better than every Halo except for the first two...

Reviews would disagree. Destiny is only better than Spartan Assault. 

jlmurph2 said:
outlawauron said:
jlmurph2 said:

They're very different in terms of quality. But there's obvious nods to Halo throughout the game.

I don't really care about what reviewers said, I'm speaking my opinions based on my experiences. While I haven't bothered with Spartan Assault, I have played every other entry in the series. With the last 3 entries in the series, I don't see how anyone can claim a big difference in quality.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

"What sort of story do we want to tell now?"

No story.

outlawauron said:
jlmurph2 said:
outlawauron said:
jlmurph2 said:

I don't really care about what reviewers said, I'm speaking my opinions based on my experiences. While I haven't bothered with Spartan Assault, I have played every other entry in the series. With the last 3 entries in the series, I don't see how anyone can claim a big difference in quality.

Ok, so your post is missing the "in my opinion".

Around the Network

Anyone praising or hating on Destiny, wait a few months at least.

can't tell you how many games I've thought were the second coming of toast its release week and then when a month later looking at the box sitting there thinking "how the hell did i ever like that game"

In same sense, this is uspposed to be a mmo of sorts, so maybe it becomes better as well?

I hate the GOTY thrown around for games when they are less than a week old. Haven't seen GOTY and Destiny in same sentence since its release, but just saying. Give it time before you judge it better or worse than another game.

jlmurph2 said:
outlawauron said:
jlmurph2 said:

Ok, so your post is missing the "in my opinion".

I personally think that, in my own individual view, if you need others to tell you what is good or not, I subjectively [of course] think that you're lacking a critical spirit of your own, in my own personal honest opinion.

Bungie sucks now, no one cares what they do and Destiny blows. They had their moment of fame with Halo but that's all gone now, they're just yet another mediocre group of developers.

In my opinion of course.

No shit. If I'd been working on the same series for 10+ years, I'd feel pretty liberated to move on as well.

Haven't heard anything regarding music of destiny.

Halo's theme is like amazing and it gets me pumped and goosebumps whenever I hear it and I barely ever played halo games. But can't deny amazing music.

Is Destiny any good?