By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which will be 2014's best-selling racer on PS4 + XB1?

?

Project Cars 25 10.20%

Driveclub 111 45.31%

The Crew 32 13.06%

Forza Horizon 2 77 31.43%

Total:245
FATALITY said:
forza horizon 2 on xbox 360 driveclub on ps4. the crew will bomb

Xbox 360 isn't part of the discussion, neither the PS4 individually. Its about which game will sell most on PS4 + XB1, not individually, unless you're talking about an exclusive.

Around the Network
GTAexpert said:
FATALITY said:

Xbox 360 isn't part of the discussion, neither the PS4 individually. Its about which game will sell most on PS4 + XB1, not individually, unless you're talking about an exclusive.

i meant xbox one. yeah exclusives and multi

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

Yeah this is an interesting and difficult question to answer.

In terms of players, DriveClub will get the most because of it's PS+ option. If it's any good then it would do very well on digital sales (which are obviously not tracked).

I believe Forza Horizon will do very well on XBO.
I believe project cars will do well because of all the platforms its releasing on.

So yeah I'm stuck for an answer to which is going to be the best selling.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Madword said:

In terms of players, DriveClub will get the most because of it's PS+ option. If it's any good then it would do very well on digital sales (which are obviously not tracked).

I believe project cars will do well because of all the platforms its releasing on.

This.  I'm sure many people will load DC from PS+, which will easily convert the interested people into full online purchases. It should sell decently but not amazingly at retail.  FH2 should do well at retail, and it's releasing a little ahead of the grinder that is October through December. In the end it will be really hard to tell unless we get reliable numbers from MS and Sony themselves (HAH)

Arkaign said:
Madword said:

This.  I'm sure many people will load DC from PS+, which will easily convert the interested people into full online purchases. It should sell decently but not amazingly at retail.  FH2 should do well at retail, and it's releasing a little ahead of the grinder that is October through December. In the end it will be really hard to tell unless we get reliable numbers from MS and Sony themselves (HAH)

Yeah I wish they do. Especially with Driveclub, since Sony has made it far more likely for it sell well digitally (cheaper upgrade from PS+ edition and being an online game anyways).

Around the Network
GTAexpert said:
Chris Hu said:
DialgaMarine said:
I think Project Cars will be the best seller overall, because it's multi platform, and all the years it has been in development has generated a lot of hype for it. I think the more interesting competition is DriveClub vs FH2. I can honestly see DriveClub being the better seller (though the free PS+ version might put a damper on that) just because I think there's more hype for DriveClub, the fact that we've known about it a lot longer than FH2, and the fact that FH 2 isn't a main series Forza.

I think you need to check out the preorder numbers the Crew will sell more then DriveClub and Horizon 2. 

USA preorders mean nothing since all these racing games are going to sell far more in Europe, whichever one sells the most there will likely sell the most overall.

Not really since arcade racers sell more in the USA then anywhere else and the USA is still the biggest market and any game that sells the most in the USA is guranteed to sell a ton.

FATALITY said:

I think you need to have a look at the pre order numbers.  For me its the least impressive but it will sell the most.  Also since its from Ubisoft it means it will be the cheapest first so people that are on the fence about buying it will buy it a lot sooner.

Chris Hu said:

Not really since arcade racers sell more in the USA then anywhere else and the USA is still the biggest market and any game that sells the most in the USA is guranteed to sell a ton.

That's true in general, but not for racing games. NFS: Rivals sold vastly better in Europe than in USA, and racing games are becoming more and more niche in North America. Europe is the decisive factor.

GTAexpert said:
Chris Hu said:

That's true in general, but not for racing games. NFS: Rivals sold vastly better in Europe than in USA, and racing games are becoming more and more niche in North America. Europe is the decisive factor.

Still think that it doing great in North America will mean it will sell the most.  Plus since its a Ubisoft game means it will be cheaper faster so people that are on the fence will buy it sooner.  Plus there is a change that it will become so cheap faster that even people that had no plans on buying it will give it a go.  Like with Watchdog on XBL on the X1 right now if you have Gold you can get it for $14.99.

For me its Forza Horizon 2 no doubt. This is the best among the list so far.