By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Why is the American government/ Empire so keen on war all the time?

kumagawa said:
Zekkyou said:
kumagawa said:
NobleTeam360 said:

It's a military weapon and it's doing what it was designed to do.  But you can call it cowardly if you like

Hey whatever it takes to win but calling people on the ground fighting the US army cowardly because they use hit and run tactics is so bullshit when the US uses unmanned drones.

Personnally if unmanned drones were used against my country's army I would hope  our governments responce would be a nuclear strike on the government of the country who ordered it.

So in response to use the of an unmanned drone, you'd use the most destructive weapon on earth? An act that would not only kill thousands to millions of innocent people, but would give the US strong motivation to nuke you back?

You must be fun at parties ^^;

And if you don't the country that uses unmanned drones will keep using them killing your citizens with no consequence's.

Do you no why no US nuclear powered aircraft carrier has ever been attacked? because the US government has always said there responce would be multiple nuclear strikes on the country that did.

Better dead than under the control of a foreign power.

When war is fair its "bearable" but when it starts to be unfair its complete bullshit. (even tho its bullshit anyway)

IMO every country should be allowed to have nuclear weapons and the US/Western countries interfering when e.g Iran is having some is complete bullshit. They have no guarantee the west wont use it on them so their only defence is having some too to prevent an attack (same logic as the example you talked about)

And the US and russia talking about removing 90% of their nukes is also bullshit because you can never be sure about the other guy. So either all or noone and since noone cannot work some will just hide them ALL is the only option.

Humanity is doomed anyways tho.

Around the Network
Captain_Tom said:

1) America was actually voted as the MOST popular country.

2) You ok with ISIS running around massacring people?  We have vested interests in many of the countries threatened by ISIS, so it isn't exactly hard to justify helping them.

3) The drones strikes in those countries are part of this war lol.  The modern world makes it easy for people to move around, and if you attack America and move around -> our drones will find you.

#1. There are alot of people on this world so, many can hate America with others loving it. Also, prove? Or is that patriotic nonsense!?

#2 No of course not, I never justified them but i'm not sure if another war will solve anything. The west has to work with the ordinary Iraqis and Syrians to disband ISIS. Blindly bombing whatever the fuck you like would be counter productive. Any action made must be to improve the lives of people and their wellbeing so they won't be compelled to go to the likes of ISIS. 

Also how do you expect to beat ISIS when your country couldn't beat the Taliban? 

Also abit rich saying about ISIS massacring people. The US government has supported some nasty leaders/ regimes over the years who were almost as bad or just as bad as ISIS. Pol Pot, Pinochet, Suharto, Saddam Hussein, Batista, Armas,  South African Apartheid to name a few. The US government has overthrown anyone who it disagrees with. Some were justified but the people the US backed were nearly always worse 

#3 And the problem with that is that only makes the problems worse. The situation in alot of the countries was shit to begin with. Drone strikes only destroy whatever is left. That radicalises people as the system failed them. 

Also, as far as i know ISIS never attacked America but probably will soon if they get provoked. 

I say give these people (ordinary citizens of the Middle East not ISIS) jobs and allow them to have a better standard of living not war. 

Also, don't you find it weird that one year ago the US government wanted to topple Assad's Regime in Syria but now has to work with him to try to end ISIS somehow? 

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

SlayerRondo said:
War is great for distracting the local populace from the failings and offenses of their own government by uniting them against an enemy real or imagined.

Also, its worth noting that America is just great at war and few nations that are so capable stop of their own accord without some sort of challenge to their military supremacy.

Hopefully both America and China will be rendered unable to engage in voluntary warfare by keeping each other in check. Worse case they go back to the proxy wars of the Cold war.

Surely that distraction can only work for so long. America has been in and out of war since the First gulf war now. The 80's weren't that peaceful but was peace in comparision to since then 

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Nem said:

I think its funny that you say that as ISIS goes around killing innocents, women and children included.

Yes, *shackefist* that mean US government and their wars! Of course, said government wants something at the end aswell, because what is a nice fight without a reward at the end. We as gamers know that well.

The reward is debt, disappointment and destroyed lives. At least thats what it seemed like when Vietnam and Iraq finished 

NobleTeam360 said:
o_O.Q said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Didn't realize we had so many conspiracy theorists on this site.

calling something a "conspiracy theory" is an intentional ploy to keep things hidden

not that you are but that's how people are being controlled...

someone gets called "conspiracy theorist" and most people go oh well that settles it he's talking shit, but some say you know what? perhaps there's something going on here let me investigate for myself

personally i believe the latter route is the best since all you lose is a few minutes at best...

however, with the earlier route you lose the opportunity to possibly learn something new and gain perspective

and in this world perspective is probably one of the most important aspects to expand imo

I get what you mean, I actually look up a lot of the stuff this guy named Alex Jones talks about and a lot of it is actually accurate.

That guy scares me because i don't know if hes making it up or not 

Around the Network
JazzB1987 said:

Humanity is doomed anyways tho.

humanity is only doomed because people are not informed if people would just take some time out from watching tv, or playing video games or whatever

and just research certain things i think things could be changed

No conspiracy theories about oil or secret governments required here. These things are much more simple than people make them out to be. The only question you should be asking is, what finally pushed Obama to declare war on Isis.  My op: They embarrassed him in front of the whole world. Obama declared(bragged) on 1,000 occasions how he single handily killed Bin Ladin, wiped out alquida, ended terrorism as we know it, and complete and total Victory in Iraq. The decapitions were just the last straw. I'd say for the same reason he fails at diplomacy at home, he's failing abroad. Please don't vote celebrity next time people. 

kumagawa said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Armies of Iraq and Afghanistan? You mean the rag tag group of terrorists right? all they do is hit and run like cowards.

Less cowardly than air strikes from unmanned drones. 

Superior technology is not cowardly.  If we really wanted to be honorable than we should all take on each other one on one with our fists!  Using guns is for pussies.  

We also don't want to get involved with a centuries old conflict in the land that time, God, modern ideas on women, and social progress forgot, also known as the Middle East.  Plus we get to terrorize the terrorists without putting our troops on the ground.  When they want to put a real army together than we can fight them, but if they are going to kill civilians because or are of a different faith, or hell the same one, and all the other atrocities they do on a daily basis than I really have no problem with them being blown into a million pieces and hope ISIS continues to be blown to hell daily. 

I also like the people on here who shake their finger on other countries but don't mention their's so we can point out the hypocrisy and corruption and conflicts their country has taken part in.  A lot of people on their high horses reading through these pages.  

We wouldn't of gone to war again if ISIS would just stay in there place. they want to kill American journalist and make threats to attack U.S. soil. Now it's Time to fuck them up, it has nothing to do with oil, it's about protecting american people. Get off yalls BS

Because we act as a world police force?
Whether people agree with it or not, many countries in the world, even in the Middle East, have trade and alliance contracts with the U.S, that allows it to build armies to fight other peoples conflicts.

Germany is a prime example. The us can build bases there and station troops, and return, Germany can't build a large army or invest in armaments that would be considered too powerful. In the end, Germany profits the most by having a limited military budget.

It's just how it works. Also, the UN has an official statement that killing unarmed civilians is considered a war crime. The U.S uses it for the justification of Iraq, Afghanistan, and now ISIS. You just need a basic understanding of current politics.

I <3 Classic Platformers!

Multi-console Owner FTW