By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Madden 15 launches and... Oh Good Lord...

Sorry but we've been telling Nintendo fans for a while now that 3rd party games sell consoles. Even if that console is the Xbox One. This is proof of that and its going to keep happening for the rest of the year. The new gen is more frontloaded because most hardcore gamers are buying early while last gen will have better legs for right now from the casuals not ready to move up.

Around the Network

Why buy Madden at all is my question

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

vivster said:
Because people only buy next gen consoles for one game and there is literally no difference between last and current gen graphics.

You're hurting everybody with this thing called truth

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

yes I'm sure madden 15 will be the only game they ever buy for their new console.

That's because their hobby is sports.

Around the Network

Well........I hate cross gen too, but they will probably buy other games, later....

Sales are nothing but dull imho.

You don't get it do you? People are buying a game that 1.) is availabe on both generations of the console 2.) The same game except one with slight better graphics. What is the point of buying a game console to play a game  that is just as good as the console that you probably own from last gen? It is a joke, really. Cross-gen consoles should NEVER be a system seller, and if you do buy a console for a cross-gen game, that you must have money to burn or something.

You're saying it like half the install base made the move to next gen.

Well, that is actually right. XD   

Madden 15 on XBONE and PS4 outsold the PS3 and X360 versions, it is pathetic and I don't get it, but it did...

I don't understand why you think this is such a bad thing.