By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What's your impression of the Smash Bros 3DS demo?

Tagged games:

toot1231 said:
HyrulianScrolls said:
Link is so much better in the demo than in Brawl that he's practically all I'm paying as right now, and I avoided him like the plague in Brawl.

I love the bomb throw buff they go waay faster than in any smash game now.

Oh yeah, that's something I forgot to mention about.  Just wondering, is it my imagination or do the bombs take longer to detonate? 

Around the Network

I won't go in details but here goes.

Mario and Pikachu just feel the same, which imo is good, maybe even better in the air. Pikachu's UpB feels much better imo.

Link seems alot stronger and way more playable for me. In Brawl I thought he was to slow and heavy while his strengh was'nt enough to compensate. Now not only I thought he feels not as heavy, but also I feel his smash attacks are stronger and I love his new dashA.

Mega Man is slowly getting playable for me the more I play him. I hate his neutral A, it will take time for me to get used to a projectile neutralA instead of a combo like usual lol. His leaf shield does seem useless to me atm.

Villager sucks. He has insane recovery but I have a hard time smashing ppl off the screens with him, that's my main problem for him, otherwise he is playable. I can see him being good in some mode but not 2m battles where the one with the most Ko wins. I also still figuring out a way to make the most of his tree move as much.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Looks really great, runs really great, plays really great...

I think I can say it's my most anticipated game of the year.

MegaMan is kinda disappointing. Maybe I just can't seem to master the character, but he seems pretty weak.

Villager is pretty awesome. I'm having a blast playing as him. Probably going to be my main, but not sure yet. He hits pretty hard, and I'm starting to be pretty good with him.

Can't wait to try Shulk though.

October 3rd can't come soon enough...

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.

Does closing the demo cause the system to reset for anyone else?

It's pretty cool. When the view zooms out things get pretty hard to see/follow though, even on the XL's bigger screen.

Also, the controls definitely take some getting used to after console Smash games, but that will get better over time (I hope).

Looks really neat for a 3DS games, and runs buttery smooth, too.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:

did for me also i thought my battery died but no.

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
toot1231 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

did for me also i thought my battery died but no.

Same here, I didn't know what it was.

Playing it actually made me more excited to play the Wii U version. 

Never had the restart issue with the demo though

Metrium said:
I won't go in details but here goes.

Mario and Pikachu just feel the same, which imo is good, maybe even better in the air. Pikachu's UpB feels much better imo.

Link seems alot stronger and way more playable for me. In Brawl I thought he was to slow and heavy while his strengh was'nt enough to compensate. Now not only I thought he feels not as heavy, but also I feel his smash attacks are stronger and I love his new dashA.

Mega Man is slowly getting playable for me the more I play him. I hate his neutral A, it will take time for me to get used to a projectile neutralA instead of a combo like usual lol. His leaf shield does seem useless to me atm.

Villager sucks. He has insane recovery but I have a hard time smashing ppl off the screens with him, that's my main problem for him, otherwise he is playable. I can see him being good in some mode but not 2m battles where the one with the most Ko wins. I also still figuring out a way to make the most of his tree move as much.

These pretty much mirror my thought exactly. Though I do like Mega Man overall I forgot to say his neutral A being a projectile is very weird and awkward to me.

toot1231 said:
HyrulianScrolls said:
Link is so much better in the demo than in Brawl that he's practically all I'm paying as right now, and I avoided him like the plague in Brawl.

I love the bomb throw buff they go waay faster than in any smash game now.

Yeah I remember his bombs seeming useless in Brawl and now they're not. Lots of things that seemed rather useless about him in brawl work now.