By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - As I suspected, XB1 has not only been outselling WiiU WW but ...

Are you surprised?

Shocked, though MK would hope up longer. 54 13.67%

No, I knew this would hap... 193 48.86%

Undecided, it was a close call. 148 37.47%

Total:395

I see the fact that XB1 > WiiU has annoyed a few people, but why? This was expected and enevitable :S

Around the Network
Seece said:
Scharfek said:
Seece, could you answer the following questions for me:

1) How many Wii U consoles do you think Nintendo will sell lifetime?

2) What do you think Nintendo should do to improve Wii U sales? I'm not talking about saving the console, getting massive third party support or anything silly like that, but keeping relevance until the end of the generation is still a possibility.

2014: 10m/11m LTD
2015: 14/15m LTD
2016: 16/17m LTD
2017: 19m LTD and discontinuation.

Nintendo should pump out whatever first party software theyw ant, to keep their Nintendo fanbase happy, and just try and profit on anything and everything they can.

dang mines 17 million

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Seece said:
I see the fact that XB1 > WiiU has annoyed a few people, but why? This was expected and enevitable :S

Looks like you rustled a few jimmies here ... 

Well, this is the first the Xbox One got ahead of the Wii U is months...

And I'm sure it won't last long because, for the Wii U has a strong line up for rest of 2014 and the Xbox One doesn't. For multiplatform, people are actually buying the PS4, not the Xbox One.

This month will have Hyrule Warriors, next month Bayonetta 2. They won't have same effects as MK8, but I'm pretty sure they're enough to make the Wii U sell more than the Xbox One.

In november we're gonna get Smash Bros and that DLC for MK8, which will make MK8 sell really well again.

I'm sure that in November and December the Wii U will easily outsell the Xbox One. 

My Youtube channel in broken English: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW_sx27Sp5K6jfyA0vR0ofg

platformmaster918 said:
Michael-5 said:

How do you know how well the XB1 is selling during Madden Week? Even if XB1 outsold the WiiU worldwide for 1 week, how can you say it "has been outselling WiiU" as in plural?

Get that bias out, XB1 is doing bad and it's struggling to do any better then the WiiU. XB1 will be up with Destiny and that 1 week where a free game comes with an XB1, October will likely be somewhat even (or favour WiiU due to the Mario Kart 8 bundle), early November XB1 should be up again because of CoD & Halo, but then late November/December (the highest volume weeks of the year) should favour Nintendo because of Smash Bros and Holiday appeal.

XB1 is not doing better then WiiU.

I think people are underestimating Nintendo's holiday appeal.  They have the cheapest console (a full $100 under both competitors) and a flurry of family titles that are relatively cheap now a number of which have Mario in them.  No doubt they'll have a lot of discounts and bundles and the prices will be very attractive to parents with little kids.  Hell my neighborhood already has 2 more WiiUs than Xbones (2 to 0 counting mine lol)

I think the Mario Kart 8 WiiU bundle will push consoles hard, plus Smash Bros.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
andrelol3 said:

And I'm sure it won't last long because, for the Wii U has a strong line up for rest of 2014 and the Xbox One doesn't. For multiplatform, people are actually buying the PS4, not the Xbox One.

This month will have Hyrule Warriors, next month Bayonetta 2. They won't have same effects as MK8, but I'm pretty sure they're enough to make the Wii U sell more than the Xbox One.

In november we're gonna get Smash Bros and that DLC for MK8, which will make MK8 sell really well again.

I'm sure that in November and December the Wii U will easily outsell the Xbox One. 

You sure?

andrelol3 said:

Uh huh. No. In terms of sales

Smash/Halo MCC > Sunset > Forza Horizon > Bayo > Hyrule

MK8 DLC? Really? That is not going to push systems, since when has DLC ever done that.

People are still buying XB1's for multiplats, it's just a myth made up here to dismiss XB1 doing well. GTA, Assassins Creed, COD ect will all push XB1.

I am sure X1 will gain momentum over the coming months due to sunset over drive, FH2 and MCC collection

160rmf said:
chocoloco said:

US has best taste in consoles. PS4> Bone > WiiU .
We are getting gaming right this time.

I know we have tons of Nintendo fans here, but Nihty should be third all fall and early winter.

Define good taste... looking at the most sold games of ps4 and x1 i am getting a hard time trying to understand that

oh sorry you mean consoles, yeah its nice to have a console on your living room it really helps the decoration, I found it marvelous

Yes it does, for example I played local co-op of Diablo 3 with my step-brothers last night. It was really social and fun. You cannot do that on PC. This thread and site is mostly about consoles not PC so your post is completely out of place. 

jlmurph2 said:
Egann said:
There's really no point in comparing two consoles selling this terribly. The big news is not the X1 overtaking the Wii U's sales; hair-trigger titles could make that inconsequential sales jump.

The big news is that Hyrule Warriors has had inconsequential sales in Japan.

Terribly? Xbox One has never had a week under 35k Worldwide. Wii U has had 40 of those weeks. Not counting the overtracking going on here for Wii U.

That would be a fair comparison if they had launched at the same time. The X1 has been on the market 3 quarters, the Wii U 7. Nintendo's most recent successful consoles--the DS and the Wii--sold the most units almost 2 years into their product lives. Microsoft's most successful console, the 360, peaked out in its third quarter.

Both of these consoles are where their predecessors were selling like crazy and they are badly falling behind. That's what I mean by terrible sales.