By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny Review

First review: http://www.gamepur.com/news/16132-first-destiny-review-score-610-repetitive-uninspired-story-no-memorable.html

I think big websites were paid off to delay (they all do not want views? Yes they want, and all making marketing campaign with videos about Destiny "review in progress") and metacritic was bribe to not show score from smaller sites.

Around the Network

Or alternatively, that guy posted a clickbait review, and all mainstream sites needed to:
a) Wait until the servers were up
b) Beat the game to access post-game content

Everybody already knows what they are getting due to the beta...they aren't trying to trick anyone. If you like that, good for you, if not, oh well...

The game made be less then we expected, but such foolishness is not likely no matter your emotions on it may be.

Getting payed of to hold back reviews, not likely.

I think it's clickbait but that's pretty much how I expect Destiny to be.
"meh"

Yes, this review can be made for clicks... but I ask my friends (not random people from internet) and they are also critical about Destiny (it is good game but nothing fresh). Many of them says that Borderlands and Halo are much better games.

Around the Network

So you've decided that everyone everywhere is being bribed because they aren't all rushing out reviews based on a few hours of early game content? :p

Reviewers are treating Destiny in the same way they generally do MMOs.

Ka-pi96 said:
Zekkyou said:
So you've decided that everyone everywhere is being bribed because they aren't all rushing out reviews based on a few hours of early game content? :p

Reviewers are treating Destiny in the same way they generally do MMOs.

Seems that way doesn't it...

People just need to be patient, the proper reviews will come soon enough.

Yes... and they .... should... stop buying Destiny until that time.

So ...

Let's see. They had an alpha and an open beta but they're paying review sites to wait so that they can trick people about what they're getting?

Hmmm.

I don't know, man. Something doesn't really add up but I can't quite put my finger on it.

pokoko said:
So ...

Let's see. They had an alpha and an open beta but they're paying review sites to wait so that they can trick people about what they're getting?

Hmmm.

I don't know, man. Something doesn't really add up but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Destiny only has one playable area per planet and Old Russia is biggest one... You know that beta was about 30% of the game?

I do not have game, so maybe I am wrong.

pokoko said:
So ...

Hmmm.

Devils advocate here. First off not everyone played the Beta. None of my X360 friends knew of the free beta or tried the game(I did with preorder), I can assume some owners didnt know for one reason or another. The game is getting very lukewarm reviews from the vocal majority. Game looks to be a 70-80 and Activision wants this game to to get a bunch of awards and whatnot to make it the Call Of Duty compliment that they have hoped it to be. Its not to hard to believe that Activision could pull strings in this case to get the 10/10's, awards and "game of a generation" blurbs.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling