20 new AAA games 345 89.38%

Minecraft 41 10.62%

Total:386

they should buy crapcom with the money.

Around the Network

20 new AAA games

Dark_Feanor said:
If only was so easy...

Why no Apple comes and create 400 AAA games with the money they have cashed in?

Or Facebook 100 AAA games with the money spent on Whatsapp?

It's pretty obvious isn't it???

Apple and Facebook aren't directly making game consoles or devices that are primarily game machines!  Also why would anyone with a mobile/tablet etc want to pay £50 for triple A games? 

Makes no sense!

It is so funny to see some people really defending MS paying 2B for it even if it's just a rumour. Some guys really approve all MS does (or is rumoured to do) and even put quite exquisite arguments.
For you defending the investiment and saying others know nothing of bussiness, please present a bussiness plan and what would be the roi how it will be achieved and how long it will take.
Because if you expect all or must of minecraft players to abide to make an ms acc and sub to their service just to keep playing it you are crazy, and that is possibly ilegal.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I'd rather it stay the Xbox rather than the MinecraftBox, but what do I know I just like to play games...and make em.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network

People forget that Minecraft is one of the world's most popular games on EIGHT different platforms (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PC). That kind of control alone is worth $2 billion, especially.

And game development cost alone doesn't show the whole story. You have to develop the studio first, give them a place to stay, provide equipment, etc etc. And what happens if the game they produce horribly fails?

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Lets see, 20 brand new large titles that will surely sell systems and make more money on the long run, or one AAA (Because mainstream)  indie game that is mostly played by casuals, children, youtubers, and  normal people (Assuming there is) that was an exclusive before and is surperior on that platform it was exclusive to than a platform that is more inferior multiplat machine instead of unique (Why else is the Wii U so lovely of a console besides the console itself?), jeez, this is hard. /s

this is exactly what I was thinking. I hate Microsoft more with each day and each dumb decision they make. they dont care about games, they care about money but its funny because this decision completely contradicts that

This could make business sense but can't find any reason for it to make consumer sense.

Total: 225 have now voted.

201 people (89.33%) voted that they would spend the $2 billion on 20 new AAA games.

24 people (10.67%) voted that they would spend the $2 billion on Minecraft.

Note: The poll doesn't state if how many of the voters are Microsoft, Nintendo or Sony fans. It would have been fun to know if the Nintendo fans would have bought Minecraft and the Microsoft fans wanted 20 new AAA games.

Don't copy random editorials.