By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny PS4 v XB1: PS4 Has Vibrant Colors And Sharper Image Quality

IamAwsome said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
NavyNut said:
Was this really a question, PS4 > XBone in graphics.

Its never a question. At best the XB1 can be equal. If the XB1 has better anything in a game its because of incompetency, either actual or deliberate or money.

This is so biased. Yes it IS possible for something to look better on XB1 without money being involved. Having a more powerful console doesn't automatically equal better multiplats. 

I never said anything about just power. This isn't like PS360. The PS4 and XB1 are virtually identical sans the GPU power difference. Since MS prioritized multimedia features leading to a more expensive APU and less money for everything else.

The only way for an XB1 multiplatform to perform better objectively than a PS4 version, is for the PS4 version to be considerably underutilized. Which is even more obvious because the ES Ram is proprietary irc.

Simple Math

XB1 HW = 5

PS4 HW = 6

The only way for the XB1 to have the advantage is for XB1 software to exceed PS4 SW by at least 1. Software which is physically limited by hardware.

#facts

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
Sanky0 said:

I watched a few people streams too, choppy and lower quality on xbone. At first, i though it was my connection.

LOL! ^
Wow, is this a real comment? 

When I look at the actual gameplay comparison I can see no difference.  

Personally, I'm playing on Xbox One on a 46" 1080p LCD tv and it's beautiful and I've noticed absolutely no frame rate drop in even the most intense, large scale battles.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
IamAwsome said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
NavyNut said:
Was this really a question, PS4 > XBone in graphics.

Its never a question. At best the XB1 can be equal. If the XB1 has better anything in a game its because of incompetency, either actual or deliberate or money.

This is so biased. Yes it IS possible for something to look better on XB1 without money being involved. Having a more powerful console doesn't automatically equal better multiplats. 

I never said anything about just power. This isn't like PS360. The PS4 and XB1 are virtually identical sans the GPU power difference. Since MS prioritized multimedia features leading to a more expensive APU and less money for everything else.

The only way for an XB1 multiplatform to perform better objectively than a PS4 version, is for the PS4 version to be considerably underutilized. Which is even more obvious because the ES Ram is proprietary irc.

Simple Math

XB1 HW = 5

PS4 HW = 6

The only way for the XB1 to have the advantage is for XB1 software to exceed PS4 SW by at least 1. Software which is physically limited by hardware.

#facts

What if a game is developed for XB1 first? The lead platform usually gets the better version no matter how powerful other consoles are. 

^^^Then it would be like he said. The PS4 would be underutilized.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

pockethamster said:
Relevant: http://www.flatpanelshd.com/focus.php?subaction=showfull&id=1328263571

Excellent link on explaining tv settings.

Isn't this the trick Best Buy, and other electronics stores do to make the picture on the display TV's seem more vibrant, by putting the settings on high?

Around the Network
pockethamster said:
bananaking21 said:
pockethamster said:
bananaking21 said:
pockethamster said:
The difference is like that of a TV program (PS4) vs a film (Xbone) - I much prefer the more cinematic look of the Xbox.

most people prefer higher quality products though. 

depends how you define quality.

things of better quality. sharper imagines are better than blurry ones. more effects is better than less. vibrant colors are better than stale colors. its simple really. 

You don't really understand do you?

In these screenshots The PS4 suffers from very low dynamic range which means that it is unable to show subtle diferences in light & dark shades - so all the lighter colours that Xbone can render beautifully on the PS4 they all display as white (and the subtle shadows display as black). This obviously compresses the tonal rage and therefore gives a more contrasty look becasue all the grey's and near blacks suddebly turn to solid black and all the light colours turn to solid white. Hence why it's most certainly not a good thing and you are not seeing anywhere near as many details.

All of this is quite clearly demonstrated throughout the screenshots, and in particular the one below.

Now you are welcome to prefer one over the other of course, and that may be the technically worse version (PS4) but in any professional capacity the better "quality" results are the Xbone. 

You're welcome

LOL yeah the Star is brighter than clouds.  Good point!

Why does this thread exist?

Not surprise at all. More powerful + easier to develop= better looking.

pockethamster said:
bananaking21 said:
pockethamster said:
bananaking21 said:
pockethamster said:
The difference is like that of a TV program (PS4) vs a film (Xbone) - I much prefer the more cinematic look of the Xbox.

most people prefer higher quality products though. 

depends how you define quality.

things of better quality. sharper imagines are better than blurry ones. more effects is better than less. vibrant colors are better than stale colors. its simple really. 

You don't really understand do you?

In these screenshots The PS4 suffers from very low dynamic range which means that it is unable to show subtle diferences in light & dark shades - so all the lighter colours that Xbone can render beautifully on the PS4 they all display as white (and the subtle shadows display as black). This obviously compresses the tonal rage and therefore gives a more contrasty look becasue all the grey's and near blacks suddebly turn to solid black and all the light colours turn to solid white. Hence why it's most certainly not a good thing and you are not seeing anywhere near as many details.

All of this is quite clearly demonstrated throughout the screenshots, and in particular the one below.

Now you are welcome to prefer one over the other of course, and that may be the technically worse version (PS4) but in any professional capacity the better "quality" results are the Xbone. 

You're welcome

That is rigth, did you have a PC? seems like you know what are you talking about, and that's the reason the PC port of this game is going to blow away ps4/xbone out of the water.

34 years playing games.

Side by side, the differences are really noticeable.