By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - China is Huge Homies

AZWification said:

Of course it is! It's the 3rd biggest country in the world after all!

EDIT: For the record, yes, I did read the thread.

In population china is by far the largest country of the world.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network
WhiteEaglePL said:
fleischr said:
WhiteEaglePL said:
China is a hugely potentiatally mega -market where Nintendo won't even touch.........

They're working on a console targeted towards China and other emerging markets.

Yeah, but not the WIi U.

however their plan could be more succesful than releaseing something that would be very expensive in emeraging markets.

I honestly figure it to be the new 3DS. All the 3DS content  + Wii/Wii U ports (Port games like DKC :TF down)

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Skidmore said:

I come from an emerging market, and that kind of stuff never works, maybe it could for Nintendo, because parents would buy the cheaper console for their kids.

But the core gamer market, who truly spend in games, don't buy that kind of hardware.

I think they should release both, but first see how the XOne peform this year.

This. I never spent on a game for my DS. My uncle threw second-hand games at me, and when that didn't work, I pirated. (For the record, I've stopped doing so!)

See? Low attach rate.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Ka-pi96 said:
Mummelmann said:

China is huge, as an economy, in territory and in population. The Chinese console market, however, is tiny... This has all been said before about other consoles, but the fact remains that China and India won't be a factor in the console wars at all, when all is said and done, I full expect the One and other consoles to have sold less than 1/5 of Japanese sales, despite having more than 10 times the population.

The Chinese console market is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

Yeah, the console market isn't there at the moment. But it does have potential to be a big market, it's unlikely this gen but if a company can get a decent foothold there then maybe next gen China can be a decent sized market. By that I mean about the size of some of the major European countries, but that's still worth having.

Anyway, If the market become huge, it will certainly become huge for everyone, and probably especially big for the company that is first in every single other country.

WagnerPaiva said:
AZWification said:

I was talking about the land area obviously.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
WagnerPaiva said:
AZWification said:

Not by far, China has only 8% more people than India.

Wam wam wam waaaaaaaaaaaaam.

Excuse me while I laugh. Hard.

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.