By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - First Destiny review - 6/10

Aerys said:

It's not a profesionnal french website, it's just a blog of some french guy. Doesnt worth more than any other review made by us

Nah I disagree. Our reviews matter more to me than some stupid review website. IGN has lost credibility. So has gamespot, etc. All of them. Why should I trust them over the actual user?

Around the Network
errorpwns said:
Aerys said:

It's not a profesionnal french website, it's just a blog of some french guy. Doesnt worth more than any other review made by us

Nah I disagree. Our reviews matter more to me than some stupid review website. IGN has lost credibility. So has gamespot, etc. All of them. Why should I trust them over the actual user?

When the actual user makes his review based on the beta, yeah, he has a better credibility than any other profesionnal, absolutely.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

errorpwns said:
Aerys said:

Because actual users lie and troll for hits. 

EDIT: Would you really trust some random guy who gives a game a bad review when major media outlets give that same game good reviews?

errorpwns said:
Aerys said:

well, they sleep with the PR stuff and getting paid with ads from big game companys, u can trust those guys.

based on what ive seen so far, thats probably around the score it deserves. i wont be buying. there is way bettercoming out, smash, bayo 2, MCC, hell, id rather play captain toad.,

Around the Network

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/destiny-review-bungies-latest-slick-functional-perfectly-refined-1464905

Is this site used by metacritic? If so then this is the first review that holds weight.

errorpwns said:
Aerys said:

This

Don't get me wrong, I'm cynical of this review because it's out so fast.

But, browsing through IGN, gamespot or even metacritics, it's clear I disagree with so many reviews I just can't give them any trust. It's a shame because I can't try out every game. I have no choice but to take a chance then search the internet until I find some obscure review which agrees with whatever opinion I have... so I know I'm not alone.

Maybe my tastes just aren't mainstream enough... Or, god forbid, the whole system is corupt.

Aerys said:
errorpwns said:
Aerys said:

When the actual user makes his review based on the beta, yeah, he has a better credibility than any other profesionnal, absolutely.

You CAN read profesional impressions (Eurogamer, IGN, Gamespot...):  http://www.metacritic.com/feature/destiny-ps4-xbox-early-reviews-and-observations

But scores are delay.

IamAwsome said:
errorpwns said:
Aerys said:

Because actual users lie and troll for hits. 

EDIT: Would you really trust some random guy who gives a game a bad review when major media outlets give that same game good reviews?

Because I wouldn't read just ONE users response. You guys are completely taking what I said out of context. "Major media outlet' Yeah the ones already exposed to have taken bribes for good reviews? Sure can trust them over someone without any money influencing their decision! Not everyone is going to view the game in the same light. Just because you liked COD+Halo+Borderlands thrown in a blender doesn't mean someone else will.

Renzan said:
Aerys said:
errorpwns said:
Aerys said:

You CAN read profesional impressions (Eurogamer, IGN, Gamespot...):  http://www.metacritic.com/feature/destiny-ps4-xbox-early-reviews-and-observations

But scores are delay.

Yes, because they are profesionnals and dont make their review quickly for such game

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m