By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - How do you delete your account?

I can't figure out how to delete my account for the life of me.  I would like it deleted.  I appreciate the help.

Around the Network

Ask a mod to permaban you.

That will ban me, which is great, but I want my account deleted so nobody can see it as well.

I don't mind my IP being banned in the process.

I am honestly not sure you can.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
I am honestly not sure you can.

I wouldn't mind if people could see my old posts, I would just perfer they can't access the profile.  If you can do it I would be in your debt.  Not that it means much since I won't be around.

Around the Network

Umm, I don't think that's possible.
You can, however, set your profile to private (only you can see it), and then ask them to permaban you, I think that works.

MohammadBadir said:
Umm, I don't think that's possible.
You can, however, set your profile to private (only you can see it), and then ask them to permaban you, I think that works.

I have done that in the mean time.  That was a great idea.  I appreciate the help.

Only Brett has the power to do so. For example, there is no user 2 or user 6 on this site. I would assume 2 was his but with user 3 (DefectiveReject) I would think is either one of his team or actually a new member - our oldest.

spurgeonryan said:
But people like me can still get to your private profile anyways one way or another. Just permban, lock it, and hope for the best!

I have noticed that as well.  So many things in my profile I can't just delete.  I also noticed that if you know what your doing, you can easily access a private profile with logged out.  I also notice your data still appears on the membership search.  I have deleted all I can for now, it's a shame you can't delete more.

aDomingo said:
Only Brett has the power to do so. For example, there is no user 2 or user 6 on this site. I would assume 2 was his but with user 3 (DefectiveReject) I would think is either one of his team or actually a new member - our oldest.

Thank you!  I hope this gets to Bret and he is willing to help.

Josiah said:

That will ban me, which is great, but I want my account deleted so nobody can see it as well.

I don't mind my IP being banned in the process.

Dude, what are you hiding? o.O