By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [UPDATE] NHL 15 missing numerous modes from previous years, EA Sports outlines update schedule

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/09/06/report-nhl-15s-ea-access-version-missing-options/

With the absence of EA Sports Hockey League and other modes from the PS4 and Xbox One versions of NHL 15, fans have spent a fair amount of time hearing about what they won't be doing on the ice. If you recall EA Access' reveal, one of the service's benefits is granting early access to games before their official launch date. Unfortunately, Operation Sports' compilation of accounts from players skating around the EA Access version of NHL 15 lists feature absences beyond what we've already heard about.

In addition to the previously-confirmed absences of GM Connected, Online Team Play and Live the Life from the launch build of NHL 15, Operation Sports' report notes that Online Shootouts, Battle for the Cup, Be A Legend and EA Sports Arena are missing from NHL 15's EA Access version. Support for creating players, custom music and editing individual players is also absent, as are options for custom cameras and Action Tracker replay highlights.

In the case of Be A GM, Operation Sports' report states that yearly drafts are completely automated by the CPU and that fantasy draft options are missing, with AHL games for your chosen franchise also being unplayable. In the case of Be A Pro, the choice to jump ahead by simulating matches is also gone, as are All-Star and matches outside of the NHL.

It's fair (and slightly comforting) to stress that these accounts are based off NHL 15's EA Access version, meaning there's the possibility of elements changing for the launch version or in future patches. Still, considering we've already heard that several modes will sit out NHL 15's face off with its September 9 launch, wondering whether the EA Access version's absent options will eventually come into play is understandable

UPDATE: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/with-major-features-missing-ea-outlines-nhl-15s-po/1100-6422184/

Coming in September:

• Playoff mode: An offline tournament mode for up to 16 teams will be added.
  • Coach feedback in Be a Pro mode: While on the bench, your coach will offer you tips and feedback.
  • Stars of the game: The end of a game in any mode will be marked with its three best players (and their stats) being highlighted.
  • Ultimate Team changes: The store's layout will be updated, new animations will be added for items, and the edit lines screen will be improved.

Coming in October:

• Online Team Play: This missing mode will be added post-launch, as promised.
  • GM Draft: You'll finally be able to draft your own players in the Be a GM mode.

Around the Network
Burek said:

In addition to the previously-confirmed absences of GM Connected, Online Team Play and Live the Life from the launch build of NHL 15, Operation Sports' report notes that Online Shootouts, Battle for the Cup, Be A Legend and EA Sports Arena are missing from NHL 15's EA Access version. Support for creating players, custom music and editing individual players is also absent, as are options for custom cameras and Action Tracker replay highlights.

In the case of Be A GM, Operation Sports' report states that yearly drafts are completely automated by the CPU and that fantasy draft options are missing, with AHL games for your chosen franchise also being unplayable. In the case of Be A Pro, the choice to jump ahead by simulating matches is also gone, as are All-Star and matches outside of the NHL.

Dam what is included?

Is the Be A Pro mode like My Player in 2K? Don't they have another mode called Live The Life that's similar, or is that something different. I'm confused.

A new report confirms that there is just one mode included in the EA Access version:

The true EA Access! It was only a matter of time tell things change.

Around the Network

And how we see what the real story behind the EA access will be... I can't wait till DA:I comes out and you get to pay as a headless archer

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

EA being EA, they don't want the good of players, they only care about themselves and I believe there is gonna be more shity things about EA access that will be revealed one by one, to some Xbone owners: keep defending it.

Add me if u want :)

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
And how we see what the real story behind the EA access will be... I can't wait till DA:I comes out and you get to pay as a headless archer

I didn't hear these complaints with Madden 15.

Anyhow, people still get to experience the game before release and I assume it still has more content than a demo.

I presume DA:I will allow people to experience a few hours of the game continue their progress on the full version.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

I didn't hear these complaints with Madden 15.

Anyhow, people still get to experience the game before release and I assume it still has more content than a demo.

I presume DA:I will be more just be a few hours of the game that you can continue on the full version.

Maybe there were no complaints with Madden about the features because they were not taken out.

But, as I remember, Early Access was never advertised as a demo, but as limited time access to the full game. Thus, they obviously changed their mind about that. Already, two games into the service.

I wonder what will happen with FIFA?

As for Dragon Age, they have already said that early access will be limited to two hours.

Sony-For-Life said:
EA being EA, they don't want the good of players, they only care about themselves and I believe there is gonna be more shity things about EA access that will be revealed one by one, to some Xbone owners: keep defending it.

Its just a trial, EA never promised the full game before release.

Also, I'll defend it because $30 for access to over $100 of games is reasonable and merely an option.

But hey, I don't a expect an objective opinion from someone with your username.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)