Tagged games:

Ellie?

Yep... 17 100.00%

Total:17
KylieDog said:
S.Peelman said:
KylieDog said:

Why hold the game back?

Why would that hold the game back? There are handheld versions of games all the time.

Yeah, inferior handhelds versions.

And yet the handheld version of the first game is widely considered superior compared to the console ports.

Around the Network
DGJWFAN said:
KylieDog said:
S.Peelman said:
KylieDog said:

Why hold the game back?

Why would that hold the game back? There are handheld versions of games all the time.

Yeah, inferior handhelds versions.

And yet the handheld version of the first game is widely considered superior compared to the console ports.

Really? Is that based on gameplay differences or just harsher critique on the console version.

Really? Is that based on gameplay differences or just harsher critique on the console version.

A bit of both. I'd have to check reviews to give you exact quotes, but the few reviews I remember reading mentioned that the ports didn't do a good job at adapting the gameplay to the consoles. And for what it's worth, the PC/Console versions are all rated lower than the 3DS version on Metacritic (emphasis on "for what it's worth," haha).

In any case, my point was that a 3DS version wouldn't have to "hold back" the console versions, in the same way that the console versions of the first one didn't make the game better automatically. If the effort is there from the developers it could be done. That may be too much to ask though :P

DGJWFAN said:

A bit of both. I'd have to check reviews to give you exact quotes, but the few reviews I remember reading mentioned that the ports didn't do a good job at adapting the gameplay to the consoles. And for what it's worth, the PC/Console versions are all rated lower than the 3DS version on Metacritic (emphasis on "for what it's worth," haha).

In any case, my point was that a 3DS version wouldn't have to "hold back" the console versions, in the same way that the console versions of the first one didn't make the game better automatically. If the effort is there from the developers it could be done. That may be too much to ask though :P

The WiiU version should have been good, since it does have 2 screens like the 3ds...

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

I hope Barry's daughter screams some good ol' Barry quotes throughout the campaing

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
DGJWFAN said:

No, it isn't.  That is just plain false.

THe console versions are vastly better looking, feature a new enemy, a revamped harder difficulty and several new characters for Raid Mode.  Plus new additional costumes which can be used in the campaign, something not possible on 3DS.

what enemy is in the console version that aint in 3ds?

also havent played rer thinking bout getting as i didnt think there would be a sequel and all this rer2 news is making want to plya the first, what would you rate rer on consoles 1-10 and how does it comapre to re5 and 6?

Play Me

KylieDog said:

No, it isn't.  That is just plain false.

THe console versions are vastly better looking, feature a new enemy, a revamped harder difficulty and several new characters for Raid Mode.  Plus new additional costumes which can be used in the campaign, something not possible on 3DS.

Better graphics don't make the game "superior." Nor does the extra content. 

KylieDog said:

It is based on complete bullshit.

It's based on reviews, and a quick look at something like Metacritic (I'm not sure how relevant Metacritic is around these places) will show you that the console versions scored, overall, lower than the 3DS version.

I didn't say the console versions are worse without room for argument, I said that the majority of people who review games for a living gave the ports a lower score. 

That doesn't mean people can't enjoy the console versions better though, I wasn't arguing that.

Yeah, this game can burn in a ditch for all I care. No 3DS version is complete bullshit.

No 3DS version is logical and a good thing for the game ( sorry but the 3DS version influenced too much the first one, they had to create these ennemies easier to handle for 3DS, awful chara design because of that ) .

People should more complain about no Wii U version since the game was on nintendo platform first, Capcom doesnt give a shit about nintendo home console in the west.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m