By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Once graphics is mastered what do you bring to attract the consumers?

When we finally get to the point of realism in graphics from all consoles, probably by the end of this gen or next gen, what are gaming companies going to have to do to attract it's customers to make them buy their product? Graphics is no longer a selling feature what do they bring?

Around the Network

Tits and gameplay

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Dicks and Gameplay.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

How many licks does it take to get to the center of that game design

New experiences like VR, a wealth of new and returning content, and affordable game streaming.

Around the Network

When we reach the point of photorealism, I think non-realistic artsy rendering techniques will make a comeback, like cel-shaded games or blocky retro styled games. Think minecraft, wind waker, borderlands, the witness, no man's sky etc, but with more cool particle/lighting/whatever effects

We will all get cybernetic enhancements that allow us to see in higher definition than normally possible.

VR

Story and gameplay.

Gilgamesh said:

When we finally get to the point of realism in graphics from all consoles, probably by the end of this gen or next gen, what are gaming companies going to have to do to attract it's customers to make them buy their product? Graphics is no longer a selling feature what do they bring?

You forget about realism and create awesome unique and fun games like this one:

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.