By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Does the PS4 has the best library, is it why it's selling better?

Does the PS4 has the best library

no, the wii U's library is superior 185 36.49%

no, the X1 is betta 35 6.90%

no, the ouya is in the lead 23 4.54%

yes 227 44.77%

I vote what the mass voted 37 7.30%

Total:507

Ive said this before and again. PS4 isnt selling much drastically different than the PS3 when it was officially dropped to $500(on track to sell 3-6 million more). Pricepoint+Sony fanbase + converts. I wouldnt say the current game lineup is what is making people buy, but people are considering future games.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Around the Network

You can find all your answers here:
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=189587

curl-6 said:
No.
So far, its lineup is staggeringly unappealing. I can't think of a single game that makes me want to buy the system.

I'm in a similar situation with my Wii-U. I own it, but have yet to buy a single game for it. Everything to choose from on the system is either terrible or just more rehashed material. PS4 is definitely my main console this gen. 

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Yes. in the very near future, and B3YOND it'll have the best exclusive games. And, the multiplatform games looks stunningly sexy on it.

I'll like to add that I didn't buy a PS4 on hype. I buy it because I know my favorite franchises will be on it.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
DialgaMarine said:
curl-6 said:
No.
So far, its lineup is staggeringly unappealing. I can't think of a single game that makes me want to buy the system.

I'm in a similar situation with my Wii-U. I own it, but have yet to buy a single game for it. Everything to choose from on the system is either terrible or just more rehashed material. PS4 is definitely my main console this gen. 

Why did you even buy one?

As for "rehash", (which by this point has degenerated into a synonym for "sequel on a system I don't like") I could level that at PS4 as well; Killzone, Infamous, Last of Us...

Around the Network

God, these topics never end.

It sells better because it's cheaper, it's plays better games, the controller is better, it has cheaper online subscription, it has better word of mouth, and it won people over by not being a dick (ie. what Microsoft tried not to do before their infinite 180's happened.) 

chapset said:

I mean according to metacritic the PS4 has 39 games above the score of 80, the X1 has 16 and the wii U dispite being 1 full year older has 37 games. Plus the PS4 has the highest rated game this gen. I made a table for those who are visual.

Games above 80 metascore:

Xbox 1 :16

PS4: 39

Wii U: 37

I'm one of those that believe the PS4 is selling on hype and hope but seing the weekly software sales and the rating of released games I'm starting to believe those Sony fans are actually using their PS4 RIGHT NOW to play games.

Your Avatar reminds me of a girl I once liked and did not like me back, ironically her name was Alessa Wagner... 

Oh well, the Ps4 is the best console in terms of games, and it has a nice selection of free games as well, so it is pretty fair that it has some good sales figures.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Nope not a single game has made me want to run out and buy a PS4.

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.

curl-6 said:
DialgaMarine said:
curl-6 said:
No.

Why did you even buy one?

As for "rehash", (which by this point has degenerated into a synonym for "sequel on a system I don't like") I could level that at PS4 as well; Killzone, Infamous, Last of Us...

Do you really want me to explain that?... Okay.

So back in 2012, I was in front of the TV watching Nintendo's E3 12 presentation when they first unveiled the name of their new gen hardware and details. They spit up all this gamer that their new console would be a true next gen system with games from every genre combined with a state of the art new way to play and superior online services that, all of those combined, would put any 7th gen console to shame. In my mind, Nintendo was basically talling me that they were going back to the days of the SNES and N64 when Nintendo actually innovated and put many awesome games on their console that appealed to all. They weren't trying to pull another Wii. They wanted to make an actual games console, and not something that's only fun when you're drunk at a family party. So I get back from MCRT a couple months after Wii-U's release and decide to buy based off hearing such good things coming to the system. Almost as soon I do, that's when the console's whole image goes completely to crap. The online service is garbage. There's literally no games on it besides ANOTHER NSMB, a very poorly done zombie title, a lego game, and a list of third party titles that don't even run as well as 8 year old hardware, plus the controller, the console's biggest selling point, turns out to feel clunky and feels cheap. Nintendo starts marketing to children again, all the "this is a hardcore console!" goes out the window, and the only games that seem to even remotely matter are more cartoony low end titles that I have zero interest in. 

To put it bluntly, I fell for the lie, and now I refuse to support the console anymore than I have already. At least until something that genuinely interests me releases on it. Sadly, from what I've seen of Zelda U, that may not happen for a loooong time. 

While I agree that what is available on PS4 thus isn't the greatest thing ever, the console at least gets genuine third party/ indie support, and the list of upcoming titles is only looking better and better as the months go on. With Wii U, I feel like the console will literally be done as soon as Zelda U releases, with almost nothing of worth between now and then.

Mind you, this is all just my personal opinion, and I should hope noone is personally bothered by it.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon