By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Starcraft Mafia - Game Thread - Concluded

So with 5 days, I'd guess that would leave about 4-5 mafia since we also have this attack system. 3 seems too much of luck of the draw with this many players especially with attacks. 6 seems a little challenging considering the day limit especially if there aren't that many attacking abilities or the Mafia has at least a few attacking abilities. Anymore than that would pretty much require revealing your role early and coordinating attacks which also gives the Mafia a better chance of attacking key players or causing misdirection. Normally I hold off on voting day 1 but, with this time limit, we need to make sure to get the mafia as soon as possible

My Hummingbird

3DS Friend Code: 047387541842

Around the Network
impertinence said:

The thing that most immideatly stood out to me was Carl's behavior. It's just hard to see how that kind of posting could be ment to help town. of course, it would be superstupid to go out and start dropping scum quotes if he really is scum, this is why i am trying to get a read from you or trucks on how this behavior compares to last game. I think he played, but I don't remember him sticking his neck out like this at all that game. I am looking forward to see what he does tomorrow.

I have no clue what EricFabian is trying to do. Only thing that sort of makes sense would be tgat he wants to make sure whiteeagle's bullshit from the last game doesn't happen again. But is EF experienced enough to connect the harmful behavior from last game to this game? I don't know. It's a peculiar vote. I suspect it might just be a joke, but why white eagle then? I didn't like his explanation of the joke (prof/proof) and in any case don't see how he made the jump to vote for whiteeagle based on that post. 

Radish claim and counterclaim is weird to, but he has played mafia before and doubt he would slip that badly. I'm inclined to think it was a flavor post that perhaps came across as more of a hard claim than intended.

As for you, I seem to recall you saying after the FE game that you would play different next game no matter what team you ended up on. I'm getting town vibes from you, but you are slippery in this game (mafia in general)...

I've never played with carl before. He was a potential replacement in WoW's FE game but never actually played, I believe he just observed. So Trucks will have to answer that one.

I said I wouldn't change my style much if at all. I think last game I had some success because I tried to play as town. I looked for suspicious behavior and tried to ask questions. However I made mistakes and the person I probably had most convinced I was town(padib) suspected me by the end. I doubt there is much if anything I can do to convince anyone I am town this time. Hell I was willing to bet theprof perma ban that I was town when I wasn't, and I bet him a month of sig control which you can see he has until oct 3rd. So anyone that was in or watched last game would be a fool not to suspect me a little. For anyone that hasn't seen it here it is http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=187834&page=1

The only thing I can say that anyone should believe with certainty is that I will try to spot suspicious behavior and try to investigate that behavior. Do with that what you will. If I am killed or lynched in this game it will be revealed that I am town. At that point everyone should take my investigations seriously because I might find mafia. Until then I understand if everyone is cautious of what I say.

I don't know from everyone who all is really experienced and who isn't. Last game the most experienced were our biggest targets which I think were trucks and theprof. We could have killed theprof soon but he successfully made at least me believe he was a bomb. So instead we did everything possible to try and keep him off kilter and agitated like discrediting him, insulting him, confusing him, pointing him in the wrong directions, and even at times overly complimenting him. So I would suggest looking for similar behavior against the most active/accurate investigators and if trucks and theprof are both town then they will likely be in real danger. 

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

hmmm

looks like everything is ok here.

Also thanks for information Mr. Wright. Mindblowing indeed

Click HERE and be happy 

AstroGamer said:
So with 5 days, I'd guess that would leave about 4-5 mafia since we also have this attack system. 3 seems too much of luck of the draw with this many players especially with attacks. 6 seems a little challenging considering the day limit especially if there aren't that many attacking abilities or the Mafia has at least a few attacking abilities. Anymore than that would pretty much require revealing your role early and coordinating attacks which also gives the Mafia a better chance of attacking key players or causing misdirection. Normally I hold off on voting day 1 but, with this time limit, we need to make sure to get the mafia as soon as possible

i'm going to assume that there's either 4 mafia, or two killing factions. If I remember correctly this game is bigger than the FE game, but not by that much. That game had 4 scum that pulled off a flewless victory. Speculations of a second killing party were rampant the first Day, and even continued after a single facton was pretty much confirmed the first Night.

The way I see it, finding whomever called in the nuke strike is probably the most cruical step, 5 days is not enough to clense the planet of scum unless town pulls out an amazing string of perfect lynches. And, depending on how the game is set up, even if we kill all scum, if we hit Night 5 and get nuked out of the sky, we probably all lose (except the persumed ghost I would guess).

Final thought for town to consider. Taking the sign up thread into account and the vote for a crazy game, is it possible that we are all town and the game is basically a race to uncover the ghost? Assuming the perpetrator is indeed a ghost that would suggest a terran, and also the ability to cloak making the ghost potentially immune to scans and or follow actions. Again, it might be a mistake to read too much into the flavor, just want to get other peoples take on potential setups.

Since day one has really started.

Vote: Trucks

He's scum more often then not, so I like my chances a little better than random.org and that would have been the other way I'd have decided my first vote.

With everone with hit points and the rules saying players might not die after a night acttack I imagine there will be more than just one killing faction out there. Killing in this case meaing people with roles that allow them to attack other players, most likely at night but possible during the day.

Around the Network

So we've started, then? This nuclear attack thing sounds rather concerning as well! I'll also be using my early vote:

Vote Nickelsbe

No offence but you're already acting somewhat unusually with a lot of flip-flop voting and also a very defensive attitude, similar to that which you used in the previous game where it was revealed you were scum. It's just my gut instinct, but we need to get the ball rolling somewhere.

Also EricFabian, care to explain your reasoning for voting WhiteEagle? He's not even done anything yet! I find that concerning and would like to hear more about it as well because I'm not making much of a connection between his "joke" and his vote.

Finally it seems like there's a good chance being attacked at night is far from being killed. So there's probably a fair few attacking parties out there to try and make it fair

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do.... >

bugrimmar said:
I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do.... >< I'm stuck in limbo here. Help!

Now it is your time to suspect other players, decide whether they're saying truth or not. Try chatting with people, see what they're up to.

Once you've made your mind, choose one player to be lynched tonight. That player, if gathered a lot of votes, will be killed: then his nature will be revealed.

bugrimmar said:
I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do.... >< I'm stuck in limbo here. Help!

Just ask questions; read through the posts in the thread thus far looking for anything suspicious. If you see something unusual then ask a question as I did and others did above. The other guy will probably reply and then you can take it from there.

If someone looks particularly "unusual" to you, either before or after questioning, then you may vote for them. The user with the most votes will be lynched at the end of the day.

Similarly in your role PM that WordsOfWisdom sent, he may have mentioned certain "abilities". If these are usuable during the day, then you may use them (be it via a PM or, if it states so, here in the thread). I'd advise not sharing that information now though, it didn't really work out too well for me when I accidentally did last time

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

impertinence said:
TruckOSaurus said:

I highly doubt I could pull that off. It's pretty common knowledge that I've played a load of Mafia games but let's say that was my intention what would I gain from it exactly?

I can imagine several reasons for hidding ones experience, for example use it to explain how one gets in on a mislynch when one should have known better. That said, you're probably right that it would be an impossible exercise for you. After all, if I of all people know of your mafia experience, everybody else should now as well. At the very least prof wouldn't buy it, unless ofcourse he is your scumbuddy!!!

Anyway, since you played the last game as well i'll ask you what i asked nick: how do you feel about Carl sticking his head out this early in the game and how does that compare to his previous game?

I honestly feel this is just Carl being excited for the Starcraft theme, he said as much in the sign up thread (http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6640188). Early posts are often contentless, people playing around with the theme. As for compararing with his previous game, I'm afraid I can't do that since it's been a really long while since I've played a game with Carl. That being said I do remember him being a good player so I'll be expecting good analysis/input from him.

Signature goes here!