By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Starcraft Mafia - Game Thread - Concluded

Sparks said:
Conegamer said:
That is a very strange tactic Nickelsbe. Don't do something silly like this, please.

I don't really suspect you like I said but it's to get the ball rolling and you had the most suspicious activity to date. So, what we as town don't need is someone quitting right away over something like this.

Yeah, no. Remember his little "ban me plz" gambit from last game? This reeks of the exact same stench. If push came to shove and we chose to lynch Day1, he'd be one of my top choices.

That is very true (and we never did ban him!), this tactic of his is certainly very suspicious and most likely has some ulterior motive. However, it's probably not wise to use what happened in the previous game for or against anyone else, it's a different game and the Mafia would play to that if given a chance. We don't want to give them that chance.

Also EricFabian still hasn't answered my questions. So HoS for you for your evasive, contentless posts at this early stage.

As for Impertinance or other users, I've still not got enough evidence yet to say anything either way. Perhaps later on after I've heard back from EricFabian, if he responds ofcourse.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Sparks said:

impertinence said:

I have never played starcraft, but a quick google search of names and sayings in Carls two posts*{1} quickly confirmed to me that he is quoting each of the three factions in the game, whic I also learned were protoss and zerg in addition to terran.

As for how I know terran is town and the other two are scum, that is clearly stated in the game setup section of the second post in this very thread. In fact, WoW goes out of his way to specify that terran is the only town faction (indirectly saying protoss and zerg  is not)*{2}

1. I had ignored those as jibber jabber. I haven't played Starcraft since the old 2D one. It seems you're right about the quotes, though, according to Google.

2. However, I was talking about the fact that you acted like you knew they existed in this game in the first place. It looked as though you had more knowledge than what's available. That's what raised a flag  with me.

Sure I also think Nicklesbe seems scummy, but I admit a lot of it is meta. This is here and now, in this game. If there is Mafia, then I think this is the best we're gonna get, as far as Day1 'leads' go.

I vote impertinence

Anyways. past games do help. From that we know trucks hates being scum, and if you push him hard enough as scum he gets pissed off.

I do hate being scum with a passion but the only time I got pissed off and modkilled myself I was actually town.

I agree with you about the past being of importance but the focus should be on the current game and I find that you've been doing very little of that. So what are your thoughts about the game so far?

Signature goes here!

Conegamer as been giving me scummy reads all Day, from some parroting when he followed my vote on Nickels (http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6656867) and when he replied to Nickels (http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6658569). To a general middle ground attitude about things like he doesn't want to get blamed whatever the outcome of toDay.

I'll only HoS Conegamer thought because last game I was convinced he was scum and was calling out for his death from the dead thread and it turned out he was just a townie who made some wrong moves.

Signature goes here!

You seem to be getting the hang of it spurge. That was a great summary of your impressions.

Signature goes here!

spurgeonryan said:

@ bold

Ewww....what a horrible sentence.

I mean that I have talked about him in this game and not just about his past play. You kind of made it sound like I was only talking about the past. Which has not been 100 percent true. Just thought I would nip you on that one.

I did say you talked "very little" about it not that you didn't talk about it at all.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
Conegamer as been giving me scummy reads all Day, from some parroting when he followed my vote on Nickels (http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6656867) and when he replied to Nickels (http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6658569). To a general middle ground attitude about things like he doesn't want to get blamed whatever the outcome of toDay.

I'll only HoS Conegamer thought because last game I was convinced he was scum and was calling out for his death from the dead thread and it turned out he was just a townie who made some wrong moves.

Somehow I have a feeling that my playstyle just completely throws you off. Which is a shame. All I'm trying to do is find out some information on some other users to try and get the ball rolling and actually do something productive right now. That's something upon which I was drawn up as suspicious for before, trying to just "tag along", and now I'm actually trying to push the question and the fact I'm agreeing with others makes me suspicious? I'm only trying to act to counter the problems and the mistakes of which I made in the previous game, but now I've gone too far the other way? 

I'm gonna take this opportunity to ask some questions to Radish. He's posted a fair bit but it's mostly about the flavour of the game. He's not asked a whole heap of questions or been under fire, there's been a lot of "comment" posts from him thus far just tagging along. So out of curiosity Radish, what's your opinion on how things are developing right now? Who do you think has been acting suspiciously? Any comments on the Nickelsbe accustations or that of any other user currently?

Moreso I'd like to hear from the quiet members. Fusioncode, bugrimmar, and WhiteEagle, what do you think of how the game has unfolded thus far? What about the flavour, how is it? Do you guys have anything to add about how things are unfolding?

If this makes me look suspicious, so be it. That's certainly not my intention. I'm trying to actually help by asking questions and finding out the suspicious characters whilst also trying to hear from the less active members (which is suspicious to me right off the bat; why join if you aren't going to comment? EricFabian being a good example). I haven't done this as much as other people here so the subtle hints and slips go right over my head. Until there's something more concrete from people, I'm just going to try asking questions to get a better overall feel for everyone. 

Also later on today, or tomorrow (depending on how things pan out tonight) I'm gonna be posting a brief summary on what I've spotted and noticed thus far, and where my suspicions are. Before that though it would be nice if some of my above questions could be answered though!

Caught up on my phone but... Destiny.

(1) Astrogamer - Wonktonodi
(1) bugrimmar - padib
(1) EricFabian - 
Nickelsbe
(1) impertinence - Sparks
(2) Nickelsbe - TruckOSaurus, Conegamer

(1) TruckOSaurus - theprof00
(1) WhiteEaglePL - EricFabian

(9) Not Voting - Astrogamer, bugrimmar, Carl2291, Fusioncode, impertinence, radishhead, spurgeonryan, WhiteEaglePL, Wright

With 17 alive, it takes 9 to lynch.

Countdown to Night 1:  http://itsalmo.st/#night1

Please PM me if there's an issue with the vote count.

spurgeonryan said:

How about this ConeyG, since you were new last game, and 2 out of 3 of the guys I bolded are new, how about you give them some advice on what newbz should be doing. Besides just giving them the wiki link. Wiki link is all fine and dandy, but if I remember correctly, just messed me up years ago.

WhiteEagle was the crazily quiet one last game right? Until the end?

The problem with unactive players like Fusion, astro, Bug, FAbian, and white is yes, they can be mafia hiding, as could the prof or radish, but they could just be townies with no role or just townies with no idea of what to say. In this game, as you learned last game, even a townie can be lynched for saying stupid stuff. We also learned, unlike what theprof or linkzmax would say, is that townies lives are precious. You think you can sacrifice one to find out some information, but that is when the clock starts. One less townie on our side and one more step towards a loss.

Same goes for you and looking suspicous. You should care, and not to tunnel you, but not caring is something I do not like to see post. It is a term saved for maybe a 2,000 post argument or something when you have had enough.

That sounds like a good plan. My advise would be for people to just jump in and try to get involved. It's not something I do particularly well; confronting other people or trying to push them (maybe I'm too nice?) but it's just something which needs to be done. Get stuck in, get asking questions and don't be afraid to sound stupid. Because more than half of accusations will be false anyway. 

Also don't take things too personally; it's only a game at the end of the day! And whatever you do, don't tell people you're the town doctor on Day 1!

In addition, with the bolded I was being a little over-aggressive there. But my point remains that I want to get some answers and hear more from the users I mentioned; a lack of activity from specific questions targeted at you is incredibly concerning for example. And I do care; ofcourse I do. But if people initially suspect me for being forward when it eventually results in a large Mafia slip and an eventual lynch, then it'd all be for the best. That's what I meant, but didn't say it very well. Would edit it, but obviously that's against the rules.