By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Miyamoto: Mobile gaming attitude "pathetic"

Thats what happens with the most casual of gamers, they come and go with the wind. They tipically dont buy much software aswell. Hardcore gamers are a much better consumer target because each on of them is worth alot of revenue since they buy more games. They are also easierbto please and dont go away when the next shiny trend shows up.
Nintendo might have to adjust their hardware to match the competitors in the future so they can have 3rd party support, but this aproach is not wrong.

Getting the casual gamer is a hit and miss afair.

Around the Network

" Nintendo found willing consumers in unusual places -- even nursing homes. But times have clearly changed -- many of these consumers have moved on"

Yes they have. to another life. 

oniyide said:
i might be reading too much into this, but he sounds bitter. Thats what happens when you cater to people who didnt care about games in the first place

I don't think it's unfair to assume that at first, back in 2004, Nintendo had one opinion and after experiencing the casual migration, have another. What I take from this is that Nintendo genuinly tried to expand the gaming sector but found out that it doesn't work and as such, have since learned their lesson and moved on.

Miyamoto is just expressing said lesson. Don't cater to casuals.

A bit insulting to the people who gave them their money and allowed them to lead the generation...

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Yup, locking.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.