By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Could DMC4 be done on the Wii?

"It had poor lighting and shadow effects in numerous areas of the game and on parts of the models as well as so-so texturing in some areas."

LOL buy a PS3 or 360 download the demo, come back and repeat that sentence. I didn't like the game but the presentation was pretty awesome. And no it couldn't be done (looking like this) on the Wii.

Around the Network

hack & slash, hack & slash, hack & slash, hack & slash, hack & slash, shoot shoot shoot, hack & slash.
grapple thingie, grapple thingie, grapple thingie, grapple thingie,

my signature went on strike, it's demanding 3% raise

Aside from the HD graphics, DMC4 is pretty much the same as the previous parts in the series. It would definitely be possible to shave off some of the extra eye candy, and make the game run on the Wii. I won't even pretend to know if it would be easy or cheap, but it'd probably be neither.

Btw, I wouldn't care about what the producer says, since in the end it's the suits high up in the company who decide what gets ported and where. Capcom especially has a history of doing ports against their game designer's wishes.

Kyros said:
"It had poor lighting and shadow effects in numerous areas of the game and on parts of the models as well as so-so texturing in some areas."

LOL buy a PS3 or 360 download the demo, come back and repeat that sentence. I didn't like the game but the presentation was pretty awesome. And no it couldn't be done (looking like this) on the Wii.

I have, and no where in this thread has anyone said that it would look the same on the Wii as on PS3 and Xbox360 so it seems you have missed the point entirely. The question as i see it is whether the down-graded graphics or changed controls would have such an adverse effect on the game that it would simply not be worth porting to or playing on the Wii.

Parokki said:
Aside from the HD graphics, DMC4 is pretty much the same as the previous parts in the series. It would definitely be possible to shave off some of the extra eye candy, and make the game run on the Wii. I won't even pretend to know if it would be easy or cheap, but it'd probably be neither.

Btw, I wouldn't care about what the producer says, since in the end it's the suits high up in the company who decide what gets ported and where. Capcom especially has a history of doing ports against their game designer's wishes.

Can you name one PS3/360 game that was later ported to the Wii?

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network

Yes a wii version could be done but I doubt they will. But it is Capcom and they are the king of porting and milking franchises, I mean RE0 is now getting a wii-make.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

DMC4 is making boatloads?

How much more do you think it cost to make DMC4 than it did DMC3? How much more did Capcom put into DMC4's advertising, the adds run near non-stop on all sports channels and Spike TV. They've invested a huge amount in this game.

I can garantee you this game will come no where close to bringing in the profit DMC3 did.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
1: Stop making shooters. Please. You're not Valve or Free Radical.
2: Stop trying to force photo-realism down my throat until you can get out of the uncanny valley. Work on style and presentation instead of just pixels and bloom.
3: Try something weird and new, and hope we like it.

You'll cut costs way more than you cut revenue, and thus increase profit.

DMC4 controls could easily be done on the Wii.

No More Heroes anyone? Now No More Heroes is by no means the same game, but offers us a unique control system from which could act as a template to explore a possible DMC control scheme, using motions to accent attacks and movements.

Either way, as long as a control scheme was made available for both Gamecube and Classic Controllers just as it is with the RE4, the player is garanteed a control scheme that will satisfy them.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
1: Stop making shooters. Please. You're not Valve or Free Radical.
2: Stop trying to force photo-realism down my throat until you can get out of the uncanny valley. Work on style and presentation instead of just pixels and bloom.
3: Try something weird and new, and hope we like it.

You'll cut costs way more than you cut revenue, and thus increase profit.
akuma587 said:
Parokki said:

Can you name one PS3/360 game that was later ported to the Wii?

Geometry Wars, even if it wasn't a big budget game in the first place.

Yet you cannot prove something won't/can't happen by the mere fact that it hasn't happened before. It only proves the past, not the future. First you have to disprove OTHER explainations for why this hasn't happened yet.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:

Geometry Wars, even if it wasn't a big budget game in the first place.

Yet you cannot prove something won't/can't happen by the mere fact that it hasn't happened before. It only proves the past, not the future. First you have to disprove OTHER explainations for why this hasn't happened yet.

So the Wii can run the equivalent of freeware games on the net, I don't think that proves the point that the Wii can run DMC4.

This isn't a lecture hall so don't try to give me a lecture on futurity, causality, and teleology.

Here is an explanation for why the Wii hasn't gotten any of these ports, because they devs don't want to sacrifice the quality of the game simply to put it on the Wii.  They feel it would not be wise to dilute their already thin resources and produce a game that can run well on two consoles rather than passably on three.  Not to mention the fact that the Wii can't handle as much as many of you think it can.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson