By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Could DMC4 be done on the Wii?

I'm thinking a DMC Trilogy would be a good idea since DMC3 is the only DMC anyone should really care about I guess ~shrugs~.

With all the money they're dumping into advertising as well, I really wonder how much of a profit they're going to turn on DMC4 even with its lukewarm sales. I'm sure they'll make a profit though I doubt it will even be close to what they made on DMC3.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
1: Stop making shooters. Please. You're not Valve or Free Radical.
2: Stop trying to force photo-realism down my throat until you can get out of the uncanny valley. Work on style and presentation instead of just pixels and bloom.
3: Try something weird and new, and hope we like it.

You'll cut costs way more than you cut revenue, and thus increase profit.
Around the Network

Are we talking about the same game, people? The game looks ( and plays ) magnificently!

I'm not saying it doesn't look great, just not too great to be scaled down a smidge for the Wii.

Did Capcom ever consider maybe trying to use the Classic Controller as a primary means of porting it to the Wii? Christ, Bundle DMC4 Wii with a Classic Controller and you'll have an instant million seller.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
1: Stop making shooters. Please. You're not Valve or Free Radical.
2: Stop trying to force photo-realism down my throat until you can get out of the uncanny valley. Work on style and presentation instead of just pixels and bloom.
3: Try something weird and new, and hope we like it.

You'll cut costs way more than you cut revenue, and thus increase profit.
4D Gamer III said:
I'm not saying it doesn't look great, just not too great to be scaled down a smidge for the Wii.

Did Capcom ever consider maybe trying to use the Classic Controller as a primary means of porting it to the Wii? Christ, Bundle DMC4 Wii with a Classic Controller and you'll have an instant million seller.

See that's the problem, it won't be scaled down a smidge. Besides, DMC4 has already shipped 2 million units. Capcom is already making boatloads from DMC4-They see little point in making a dumb down port for the Wii (I really doubt the version will sell a million)

I played DMC4 on an SD TV and I've gotta say that it struck me as being comparable (in terms of style) and not light years from the indoor areas in RE4.

Will they bother to port it? I had to say probably not, given the bucket loads of cash they are already making from it.

Around the Network
Joeron said:

Capcom seems to choose gameplay above graphics (SF4 comes to mind), wich is a good thing.

Judging from what I've seen so far, DMC4 on an analog tv would look less impressive than let's say Ico on PS2. It can be done, but Capcom already said they wouldn't bring DMC4 to the Wii. Meaning they have the resources but probably have their hands full with other projects already.
But who knows, a DMC trilogy remake for the Wii, anyone?

Edit: So far, Capcom can port all their games to last gen if they want. Resident Evil 5 will be a different story though. That game looks truely HD.

Capcom didn't say no, the producer did and as such has no real say if Capcom wanted to port it or not. I'm not saying it's going to happen, it's just that I've known Capcom far too long to be that naive on the thought that they won't port everything every which way they can for a profit.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:
Joeron said:

Capcom seems to choose gameplay above graphics (SF4 comes to mind), wich is a good thing.

Judging from what I've seen so far, DMC4 on an analog tv would look less impressive than let's say Ico on PS2. It can be done, but Capcom already said they wouldn't bring DMC4 to the Wii. Meaning they have the resources but probably have their hands full with other projects already.
But who knows, a DMC trilogy remake for the Wii, anyone?

Edit: So far, Capcom can port all their games to last gen if they want. Resident Evil 5 will be a different story though. That game looks truely HD.

Capcom didn't say no, the producer did and as such has no real say if Capcom wanted to port it or not. I'm not saying it's going to happen, it's just that I've known Capcom far too long to be that naive on the thought that they won't port everything every which way they can for a profit.

Yes. And I don't think any comments about the hardware differences are valid, at least in the sense that games are ported, not the difference between consoles. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

No, not enough buttons on the controller. I don't see where motion sensing would fit in either. That isn't even touching the HD issue.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

devil may cry 4? that's old news.

devil may cry 5 is where it's at. hoping for a psp exclusive that's later ported to the ps2 and finally ported to the wii. that's the capcom i know and love.

4D Gamer III said:

Capcom can't just say, "Oh, we're doing a bundle with the classic controller".  If that were the case, 3rd-parties would be doing bundles all the time!. Everything they put out would be a millon seller.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!