By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should i buy nexus 5 or nexus 6

Mr.Playstation said:
Buy the One plus One phone. Sure the name is not that good but it has much better specs that the Nexus 5 at around $100 less ( $300 )

Comparisim of the two phones: http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=6327&idPhone2=5705

I never heard of this phone, i'll check it out.

Around the Network
torok said:

Get the Nexus 6. Always go for the more recent Nexus available for the most powerful hardware. It will receive a lot of of Android updates, so you will probably want to keep it for some years (I'm still on the 2012 Nexus 7, bought less than 6 months from launch) simply because you don't have a lot of reasons to upgrade.

Getting the latest model will allow you to skip more generations before getting a new one. And despite all that, maybe the 6 will bring some hardware trick, so it's best to wait. And there's Google's Project Ara that isn't that far from retail.

yeah but if the price will be 500 then i don't know if it is worth paying 250 more to get those new features. If i knew the price of new nexus then my decision was much easirer. If they price it around 400, same price as nexus 5 then i would go for nexus 6.

I am in the same situation. I want a new phone (currently have a SGS III), am due for an upgrade, and want a Nexus (I have the Nexus 7 tablet...didn't realize how annoying "TouchWiz" was before I got that!). I am waiting to see what the Nexus 6 is, and how much it costs before upgrading though. For one thing, it may be significantly better than the Nexus 5...and if it's not, the Nexus 5 will probably be offered at a steep discount right before the Nexus 6 comes out.

XPERIA Z3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then PS4

Then remote play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's possible there won't be a NEXUS 6, Google's policy going forward isn't clear. Nexus 5 would be a good choice, Z3 Compact would be good, though a little more pricey and the Moto G would also be good and slightly cheaper)

sepisfu said:

yeah but if the price will be 500 then i don't know if it is worth paying 250 more to get those new features. If i knew the price of new nexus then my decision was much easirer. If they price it around 400, same price as nexus 5 then i would go for nexus 6.

Nexus 5 was launched at 350 off-contract on Google Play, wasn't it? It's the same price point of Nexus 4. I think it will keep the same price or just increase it in 20 or 30 dollars like the 2013 Nexus 7 did. They usually renew their phones yearly, so the Nexus 6 is probably close. If you aren't needing to get one now (phone is broken or lost) waiting is a good options. If the new Nexus is cheap, you can get it. If it isn't, the old one will probably receive price cuts.

Around the Network

Specs for nexus 6 were mostly released.

It's going to have increased cpu and gpu, but also the resolution will be 2k or 4k, can't remember . In my opinion it's too soon for that, given the fact the new gpu is only 30-40 per cent faster than the older one.

Buy the nexus 5 and spare some money, or simply buy another phone.

Wait and see I say, that way you will make the best decision.

I have a Nexus 5 since launch and it is awesome! One thing to keep mind about the Nexus is even though it doesn't benchmark with the very best phones now available, unless you are playing games I don't think it matters. It runs smoother than any other Android phone I've used/tried. Has done since I bought it and still does now.