By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - SSBB commercial !

I don't know if this has been alredy posted but i haven't see it.

I live in México and I just saw a commercial of SSBB it had the "we would like to play" and i tought it it was great, it showed like 3-4 final smash and as other commercials it wasn't just pointed to see how the people use the Wiimote to play it

Has anyone else see it??

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

Around the Network

In Canada I have seen it about 5 times.

It's the usual Wii commerical where over half the commercial time is showing people of different demographics swinging a wii-mote rather than showing the actual game itself.

Yeah there's a crappy off-screen copy of it on youtube somewhere.

They keep cutting to the players because they're trying to sell the fun of the experience rather than images and sound effects on a screen. You're supposed to look at it and think of all the fun you'll have beating the crap out of your friends rather than thinking of shiny graphics.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Yeah, we got the point last year when they were showing the same commercial. It's not just for games like Smash Bros. they did the same with a one player game like Galaxy.

We get the point already, how about showing off stuff in your game? Honestly, if I never searched it on the internet, I would have just ignored that game.

I see this ad all the time and i live in Canada, i also saw maybe two Halo3 ads and see about 5 brawl ones a day.

Around the Network

I wanna see it!!

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

famousringo said:
Yeah there's a crappy off-screen copy of it on youtube somewhere.

They keep cutting to the players because they're trying to sell the fun of the experience rather than images and sound effects on a screen. You're supposed to look at it and think of all the fun you'll have beating the crap out of your friends rather than thinking of shiny graphics.

No, the commercial that i saw isn't the one that is in youtube.. the commercial i saw had the "wii would like to play" and wasn't focused on the on the "fun experience" it showed the final smash of many characters, it was MUCH better than the youtube video.

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

link please???
I have never seen a SSBB ad in America. Ninty not advertising in America or am I just watching TV at the wrong times?

my complain about the commercial is that they didn't show enough SSBB, Seriously cut the 34 minutes they showed some skinny white guy playing it, and focus on the GAME please?

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
kingofwale said:
my complain about the commercial is that they didn't show enough SSBB, Seriously cut the 34 minutes they showed some skinny white guy playing it, and focus on the GAME please?

As opposed to what... other previews that show a minute and a half of CG footage?