By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft Mocks Sony With "Destiny Fragrance"

Microsoft Mocks Sony With “Destiny Fragrance”

Microsoft, in the run up to the Destiny launch, one of the most widely anticipated games of the year (releasing on September 9th, in case you have been hiding under a rock), has launched its own Destiny counter-advert campaign. Except, it’s not technically for the game, it’s for Destiny Fragrance.

According the perfume advert online here, Microsoft had no permission to run adverts for the game, and so they’re advertising this completely separate product instead. Bungie, the creators of Destiny can be claimed to be favouring Sony for some time now, annoying a lot of their Xbox fan base. Naturally the Destiny Fragrance  the advert does clearly relate to Destiny, and the link through gives you options to buy the Xbox One and Destiny game bundle.

It appears as if Microsoft is teasing Sony about its exclusive rights to advertise for the release, and is attempting to build a loop hole around it. Whether Sony finds it funny or copyright infringing is yet to be seen, however it should be noted that Microsoft has a similar deal with Activision about Call of Duty.

Destiny will be released for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One; a PC version isn’t currently scheduled, but developed Bungie didn’t rule it out completely for the future.

Source: www.worldsfactory.net/2014/09/05/microsoft-mocks-sony-destiny-fragrance

Around the Network

Microsoft being sore losers about losing again.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

MS and their dirty tactics, smh. I'm going boycott fragrances from now on.

I guess they forgot that they have been doing the same thing for years with COD.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

I love it. Very fun. But of course the console warriors will take it way to seriously. For example, look ^^^^^^^^^

~ Mod Edit ~

This user was warned by TruckOSaurus.

Around the Network

Nice. Now Sony will try to make one for Lara Croft. ^_^

thats fun.

Microsoft ripped of my fragrance! I was gonna make 1 and sell the rights to Sony!

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

Just Microsoft being the sore loser. They've been doing the same with games like Call of Duty for years, so they really shouldn't cry here.

green_sky said:
Nice. Now Sony will try to make one for Lara Croft. ^_^

They already have a much better game to promote. Its called uncharted 4. Plus its not cross gen.