By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - As Xbox One Launches in Japan, Akihabara Gamers Really Aren’t Standing in Line

DOA. lol, that is kind of humiliating.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
oniyide said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:
oniyide said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:
daredevil.shark said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:
daredevil.shark said:

They are certainly Japanese games. But I should have clarified my point. What "Japan-centric" games have they announced? Like persona 5, dragon quest or yakuza; which are basically system seller in Japan. No offense but I dont think Xbox One will get much Japan centric games in future.

I don't know much about Japanese games as I don't play them. But I do know microsoft will create or partner with publishers/developers to create new IPS or bring existing games to the Xbox one. Phil is now the man and he is stepping up his game.

Then I think you dont know the history of xbox in Japan. Its not about patriotism but its about games. And Xbox is struggling to have good exclusives in west and in Japan the situation is far far fragile.

Games don't release overnight. Takes time and effort to create a game. Games will come just like the 360 had plenty Japanese games.

360 had plenty of Japanese games from the jump because MS clearly put effort into that. They are not doing the same for One its that simply. Sure games might come but why even release the system as is now?

Games are in development so that isn't a problem. Again Japan is nintendo/Sony land so I don't expect much out of the Xbox. 

im not arguing that. But as i said its clear that MS put much more effort with 360 that system actually had games in the launch window. 

Idk what happened there but Phil should be on that case.

People gave too much credence to the Japanese Amazon ranking apparently. While online shopping is getting more commonplace in Japan, this is a country that still prefers to do things via brick and mortar, mostly. Their online rankings aren't really a good barometer to judge sales on at all. It's leaving some people with egg on their face at this point.

RJ_Sizzle said:

People gave too much credence to the Japanese Amazon ranking apparently. While online shopping is getting more commonplace in Japan, this is a country that still prefers to do things via brick and mortar, mostly. Their online rankings aren't really a good barometer to judge sales on at all. It's leaving some people with egg on their face at this point.

The actual numbers will tell once they're available, seeing as how VGC still has Japan as one of its three main regions for sales. I fully expect those numbers to be in immediate dispute by those whose theories/wishes are not proven or fulfilled, but they'l still be a decent marker as to whether product launch press at brick and mortar outlets shows general public interest in a new platform.

Personally, I'll go with yes as standing in a queue with other fans of a product to be among the first to physically take one home remains a time honored practice that has little to do with convenience or even guaranteeing one will be able to buy one. Key word being fans. No eager fans, no lines. 

Tachikoma said:
MB1025 said:
Tachikoma said:
MB1025 said:
Tachikoma said:
MB1025 said:

It is doing really well on Amazon Japan.

It really isn't, don't kid yourself.

The Xbox One w/ Kinect is not ahead of the PS4 Destiny bundle anymore? Microsoft has 2 consoles in the top 20 there and they have stayed in the top 20.

a 3DS ac charger is 3 positions ahead of the titanfall bundle, and the highest xbox one ranking is behind a preorder for a niche 3ds game that isn't released for another 4 months.

Perspective is a wonderful thing, it's the day of release so it's obvious they would make an appearance in the top 20, chances of them still being there by weekend are extremely slim to zero.

This has nothing to do with what the Xbox One is doing since you know Amazon doesn't give us numbers.

Yet without those numbers you feel able to say it's doing well?

isn't that, i dunno, hypocritical?

I said it is doing well on Amazon in Japan. For a launch that many people see as LOL I see that as doing well placing your console in the top 20.

Around the Network

That's truly sad. Even if it's trending on Amazon JP, it's clear that Xbox One interest is even lower than the X360.

3DS, Wii, PSP, Vita, PS2, PS3, PS4 & Steam.

I still expect it to be the number 1 console for the week and beat even the 3DS in Japan. I mean its launch week after all, right?

Look at this MS. This is your original sin and you pay it today!

So sad not surprising at all

looking forward to the numbers

ryuzaki57 said:

Look at this MS. This is your original sin and you pay it today!

Damn I hope MS starts sinning again