By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Would an EA console sell well?

Would an EA console sell well?

YES, EA IS LOVE, EA IS LIFE 14 12.73%

NO, I HATE EA BECAUSE EVE... 61 55.45%

What's an EA? 23 20.91%

EA WILL MAKE NINTENDOOMED GO... doomed 12 10.91%

Total:110

It'd be extremely successful.

Battlefield
Burnout
Command & Conquer
Crysis
Dragon Age
FIFA
Madden NFL
Mass Effect
Medal of Honor
Mirror's Edge
NHL
Need For Speed
Rock Band
The Sims
Skate
Star Wars

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

Around the Network

Assuming they were allowed to keep Madden + FIFA + NHL exclusive (though Sony/MS would be allowed to make their own NFL/NHL/soccer games) and got lots of third party support (GTA, COD, MGS, Minecraft, etc.) with a comparably spec-ed machine to the competition yes ... they would do very well.

They'd honestly probably beat Sony/MS in that case.

Soundwave said:

Assuming they were allowed to keep Madden + FIFA + NHL exclusive (though Sony/MS would be allowed to make their own NFL/NHL/soccer games) and got lots of third party support (GTA, COD, MGS, Minecraft, etc.) with a comparably spec-ed machine to the competition yes ... they would do very well.

They'd honestly probably beat Sony/MS in that case.

Who's to say the competition couldn't make better games? Since they locked down exclusivity, they've had no competition for that license. Assuming they now had to share the license, couldn't Microsoft, Sony, or even Nintendo (if they bothered with such western properties) couldn't beat them at their own game?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

If the quality of the console is anything like their games then no thanks lol

Origin is already behind Steam in the PC world, so I don't think they'd compete very well against the big 3

Steam/Origin ID: salorider

Nintendo Network ID: salorider

PSN: salorider

3DS Friend Code: 4983-4984-4179

Around the Network

I don't know if I could handle an EA Console, that means the year after I'd have to get the new EA Console 2015, 2016, and so on

Mr Khan said:
Seece said:
EA Sports can not be exclusive.

They've excluded Nintendo pretty well enough.

That's because its a poor investment. NBA 2K13 sold 50K, Madden 13 sold 80K, and Fifa sold a whopping 170K!

With numbers like that you can't blame them. Sports fans are elsewhere.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

I don't think EA has any desire to compete with Sony, MS, and Nintendo. Its risky and they make a fortune supporting platforms.

Also, the game console market is shrinking. They should just focus on making Origin a serious competitor with Steam.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

shikamaru317 said:
Seece said:
EA Sports can not be exclusive.

^This. I believe their contracts with the various sports leagues forbids them from releasing the games as exclusives. 

Hypothetically though, if EA could release all of their games as exclusived for their own console it likely would sell very well. They'd have the EA Sports games, as well as all of the series from Bioware, DICE, Criterion, and MAXIS as exclusives, and those are some pretty big series: Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Battlefield, The Sims, SIM City, Burnout, Need for Speed, etc.

Not really true.  Maybe for NFL since they're the only ones that can make an NFL game, but for boxing, soccer, etc, they're allowed exclusivity.  They pay to be able to create the game using that license.  Doesn't matter if they use the license on a single console or multiple consoles.  Sony pays for the MLB license to release MLB The Show exclusive on Playstation consoles.

Remember when EA was the only major developer to fully support the 3DO?

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m