By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Claims 78% Market Share for PS4 and PS3 in Japan; PS Vita 2000 Selling 1.6 Times Faster

overman1 said:
kljesta64 said:
overman1 said:

if Sony is "trying to stay alive" with 3 million more consoles sold in half the time than Nintendo

Then I dont know what "staying alive" means....

what are you talking about ?

What are YOU talking about?

I would like to know that myself, some comments don't make any sense and when you ask them to clearlify they become silent.

Around the Network

they never give actual figures anymore

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

well, weekly numbers look not like that but that's what you get when you include the launch numbers. Would be interesting to see the same stats for the last 3 months. I mean, that PS4 sold so much better as Wii U in February and maybe March is not really an achievement. 

Companies generally only talk about percentages when the numbers themselves are not impressive at all.

Meanwhile PS Vita reached 100% of handheld console marketshare if we exclude ds, 3ds and psp :D

Yay percentages!

3DS FC :  4339 - 3326 - 7693. Add me :) Nickname Tin

Around the Network
crissindahouse said:

well, weekly numbers look not like that but that's what you get when you include the launch numbers. Would be interesting to see the same stats for the last 3 months. I mean, that PS4 sold so much better as Wii U in February and maybe March is not really an achievement. 

Luckily for you I'm bored atm.

Week ending 4th May - Week ending 24th August (VGC)

Wii U + Wii: 169315

PS4: 110180

PS3 + PS4: 218249

That's a 56,3% marketshare for Sony

If you include portable consoles (3DS, Vita, PSP) Sony's marketshare is 43,3%

Ignoring Nintendo's marketshare for portable consoles only, which is 62,1%, it has been a pretty close battle the last few months.