By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Suda 51′s PS4 Exclusive Let It Die Lets it Rip in Tokyo With a New Trailer

Xxain said:
Blob said:
Xxain said:

You know whats really crap? The idea that Lily Bergamo was going to somehow be better than this, based off of nothing. The chance for the game to be garbage is pretty much equal regardless of what form its in

Yep. Im willing to give this game a shot because Im yet to find a Suda 51 game that I haven't enjoyed, although lollipop chainsaw was probably the lowest point.

Even if his games are rediculously polished and perfect, they have some charm that just seems to win me over when I play them.

Lollipop chainsaw ... Yikes. Should not spend more than 20 on it.

I only think I didnt hate it because it was so short

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
Xxain said:

You know whats really crap? The idea that Lily Bergamo was going to somehow be better than this, based off of nothing. The chance for the game to be garbage is pretty much equal regardless of what form its in

It's based off of the visual style. Could Lily Bergamo have been crap? Very much, but it at least had a visual style that appealed to me, so I was keeping an eye out for it.

This on the other hand looks like shit visually both technically for a PS4 game and also from the artsyle perspective, based on the trailer, combine that with what the game is going to be, a free-to-play hack and slash game and it makes me less than excited.

Bergamo was more appealing to me too, but Im not going to let visuals cloud my judgement. This game gets panned/written off for not being the original concept and based off your last with paragraph you obviously are not interested, and being lily bergamo should not change that. Wont fix anything else outside of art direction.

Suda 51 is overrated if you ask me.

Tachikoma said:
Suda 51 is overrated if you ask me.

Hardly. People tend to underrate his games, actually. :]

Suda is insane and this game looks completly insane hehe.

Around the Network

it looks so generic and unapealing... looks like Manhunt all over again, to my understanding this game only changed its presentation but the concept of the game is still the same, so i wonder how much different and original it would have looked with the original anime presentation with abilities or powers and monsters or summons (like the original lily bergamo trailer showed), plus it would be refreshing to have an anime themed game with a lot of gore for once.

estebxx said:
it looks so generic

I can't think of a single game like this. Generic it is not

Even Manhunt was very different because it wasn't online focused and it was also a slower paced game

I liked the song, I need more info Suda is kinda love it or hate it.

DaltonAbbey said:
estebxx said:
it looks so generic

I can't think of a single game like this. Generic it is not

Even Manhunt was very different because it wasn't online focused and it was also a slower paced game

maybe not the most generic game out there, but for a Suda game it does look generic, just look at his other works.

Lolipop Chainsaw a cheerleader zombie slayer

Shadows of the Damned a demon hunter who travels to the depths of hell to save his one true love, with a gun that talks and a bunch of boner jokes...

Killer is Dead where do i even start with this game... well you gain power ups by hitting on ladies, you have a robot arm that transforms in different weapons and to what ive heard one of the most hard to understand plots ever (but mainly because it isnt very well explained to the player)

all of those games are extremely unique, defenetly far away from being generic but this last one... as i said it looks like manhunt and the fact that its online focused (as you said) doesnt really make it less generic given the fact most games nowadays (especially western ones) tend to be online focused.

That artwork in the OP seems like the best thing about this project.

Everything else was just awful, there are far better looking PS3 games.