By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - White PS4 Destiny Bundle - #28 on Amazon.com Bestsellers of 2014

Arkaign said:
Aura7541 said:

Interestingly, even the X1 version of Shadow of Mordor is ranked ahead of Forza Horizon 2.

I wonder if the Forza franchise was damaged by the reception for Forza 5 (visual downgrades, rushed feel to it, missing tracks/cars from previous entries, microtransactions, etc).

It can't help that Forza 5 has been a giveaway with many XB1 bundles, so a lot of people might feel that they don't want or need yet another Forza game. I think it would hurt Gran Turismo as well to try to release on a yearly schedule.

Anyway, happy to see SoM doing well, seems that it's a legitimately awesome game. LOL @ the clickbait Destructoid 6/10 though. There's always someone like that to get clicks with dishonesty.

Yeah, this is why I find user reviews in retailer sites like Amazon and Newegg more reliable because 1.) the sites check if you actually have the product and 2.) people can vote whether the review is helpful or not.

Shadow of Mordor is holding up very well while Forza is actually slipping away a bit. Doesn't help with the fact that the X1 fell from around #30 to #43 over the past few days. It could be that LOTR is still very popular and has a larger appeal than the Forza series.

Around the Network
Aura7541 said:

Yeah, this is why I find user reviews in retailer sites like Amazon and Newegg more reliable because 1.) the sites check if you actually have the product and 2.) people can vote whether the review is helpful or not.

Shadow of Mordor is holding up very well while Forza is actually slipping away a bit. Doesn't help with the fact that the X1 fell from around #30 to #43 over the past few days. It could be that LOTR is still very popular and has a larger appeal than the Forza series.

I agree but think that the X1 sales have little to do with Forza's performance.  The Xbox One is stugling to stay in the top 50 but SoM is doing quite well on both systems.  I beleive that Forza gets no help from being a yearly franchise now.  

CosmicSex said:
Aura7541 said:

I agree but think that the X1 sales have little to do with Forza's performance.  The Xbox One is stugling to stay in the top 50 but SoM is doing quite well on both systems.  I beleive that Forza gets no help from being a yearly franchise now.  

MS is milking it way too hard. Give it a rest in 2015, let T10 take an extra year to really put out something good, rather than taking another step back.

The PS4 shattered the Xboxone currently in the United States.

CosmicSex said:
Aura7541 said:

That and the horrible downgrades Forza 5 suffered from. Forza Horizon 2 looks much better, but as Arkaign said, the series might have taken a hit from the bad reception of F5.

Around the Network
Aerys said:

Nothing stops the monster ! It is now 34 !

the two ps4 bundles are really strong in the usa on amazon.com. (top 12 actually), xboxone number 46 oO

(by the way: where can I watch the sales figures of the ps3 and 360 in spain? i dont now, but i'm interested)

KazumaKiryu said:
Aerys said:

the two ps4 bundles are really strong in the usa on amazon.com. (top 12 actually), xboxone number 46 oO

(by the way: where can I watch the sales figures of the ps3 and 360 in spain? i dont now, but i'm interested)

And now its 33.  I think it will definitely become the highest selling bundle of the year. 

Wow, the bundle has risen to #33. I'm curious to see where it'll end up by the end of the year.

It's kind of weird that Forza Horizon 2 has risen to #20, but the X1 has fallen out of the Top 40 to #45. It could be that a lot more existent X1 users than potential buyers want FH2. Could it be an implication for what will happen with Halo: MCC?

More the bundle rises, more i look forward to see next npd

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

CosmicSex said:
KazumaKiryu said:
Aerys said:

And now its 33.  I think it will definitely become the highest selling bundle of the year. 

thanks for the info. i think, you are right.