By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - When do you think New 3DS/New 3DS XL Will release in the west?

When will New 3DS release in NA/EU?

Q1 2015 39 51.32%

Q2 2015 28 36.84%

Q3 2015 4 5.26%

Q4 2015 5 6.58%

Total:76

Before a Black Friday.

Around the Network

March or April 2015.

Early 2015, to coincide with the MH4U Western release.

JWeinCom said:
Not having it out in the west this year is a bad move... Hopefully the US release will be this year, although it looks very doubtful.

If not, I'd say April-June of next year. Nintendo tends to have a bigger emphasis on portables over the summer.

I agree w you- I am very surprised they would announce a new 3ds 2+- months before holiday shopping gets cranked up -  how many people will hold off on picking up or asking for a new 3ds between now and the time the new 3ds is released?   

The fact they announced it now is a shocker to me unless they are going to get it to market by November of this year. Are they really willing to blow up an entire holiday sales cycle?    It does not make much sense other than getting it out in Japan before the new Monster Hunter releases 

if that is what they are doing they are clearly sacrificing the West to keep Japan hand held sales moving

Scisca said:
I don't get it why Nintendo is not capable of launching this world wide. It's just stupid. Thsi won't be a PS4-size launch and the bulk of the hardware is the old 3DS anyways, so they should be able to manufacture enough of them. Really seems like a wasted opportunity. It's a move on par with Xbone not releasing in all markets...

NoE and NoA said they take thier own decisions of when to launch such a product, and so are not dictatorshipped by NoJ.

For me personnaly, this is perfect timing, especially if it's coming in May or July.

Around the Network
WhiteEaglePL said:
Scisca said:
I don't get it why Nintendo is not capable of launching this world wide. It's just stupid. Thsi won't be a PS4-size launch and the bulk of the hardware is the old 3DS anyways, so they should be able to manufacture enough of them. Really seems like a wasted opportunity. It's a move on par with Xbone not releasing in all markets...

NoE and NoA said they take thier own decisions of when to launch such a product, and so are not dictatorshipped by NoJ.

For me personnaly, this is perfect timing, especially if it's coming in May or July.

What this is so perfect exactly? You have no idea when it comes, but it's the perfect time? Aren't you a bit too overboard with your love for Nintendo? You're the new Zero999 - don't follow this dark path!

The comment about dictatorship - just lol

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Scisca said:
WhiteEaglePL said:
Scisca said:

What this is so perfect exactly? You have no idea when it comes, but it's the perfect time? Aren't you a bit too overboard with your love for Nintendo? You're the new Zero999 - don't follow this dark path!

The comment about dictatorship - just lol

What lol? I'm assuming it won't come Q4.

Also, note the IF!

JWeinCom said:
Not having it out in the west this year is a bad move... Hopefully the US release will be this year, although it looks very doubtful.

A letter on the Investor Relations website confirmed that it will not be released outside of Japan during 2014.

NNID: garretslarrity

Steam: garretslarrity

I think it'll be released in Q1. Anything later would kill off sales of the other versions too much.

On a related note, does anyone think that the name will be different for the west? Personally, I'm hoping they bring back the 'Super' title. The button colors would fit perfectly!

StarDoor said:

I think it'll be released in Q1. Anything later would kill off sales of the other versions too much.

On a related note, does anything think that the name will be different for the west? Personally, I'm hoping they bring back the 'Super' title. The button colors would fit perfectly!

I actually really like that idea.

NNID: garretslarrity

Steam: garretslarrity