By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade New 3DS Vs Xenoblade Wii

Dulfite said:
walsufnir said:
Dulfite said:
Will the new 3ds be more powerful than the Wii was? I don't know what the ram, CPA, etc were in the wii.

Not even close. It offers more ram but everything else is worse.

Someone else replied that the 3ds (original) is about as powerful as the gamecube. I don't know if that is accurate, but if it is and we know that the wii is pretty much just as powerful as the gamecube, and if we know that the new 3ds will be up to 50% more powerful than the original 3ds/xl then doesn't that mean it will be more powerful than the Wii, let alone the same?

Well, I don't know but 3ds could produce the same graphics as gamecube, perhaps.

The best game graphically to me is RE: Revelations and I think this game is also possible on GC with these graphics. I think still GC is quite a bit better.

Now Wii is a 2x duct taped GC more or less while we don't know how much more speed the new 3ds has but it's most probably still a relatively low clocked ARM processor. It won't come anywhere close to the Wii, in my opinion. But this is mainly powerwise and doesn't mean that it can mimic graphics comparable to Wii (at lower resolution).

Around the Network

Yeah Wii looks better on that comparison. Even that version had fps issues, though they were excusable given how good the game is. I expect the 3DS version to be optimised to Wii quality at least. If its worse, i imagine that the areas where the Wii slows down the fps will go down to 1 on the new3DS.
Either way i wont even consider getting it because i already got the Wii version, unless they add extra content to it.