By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - WII U true failure is not the console or games.

Me, I don't care if the pad was removed or not. Remove the forced function out of the system. The thing is with me. Having so many damn controllers needed for the system really got me fed up. I need the Pro for MK8, the Wii remote for Pikmin (forced map on pad is the only use). And half the system functions for the pad. I DON'T want all this junk out everywhere. Everything should support everything. Without forced limitation.

What I like to happen is all system functions like options not need the pad. A option to set what screen boots were. I want the channel buttons to be on my TV and the Miiverse stuff on the pad at start up. ALA DS' GBA screen choice. And why is the MK8 map only able to be moved to the TV, with the GAMEPAD. And not my Pro controller? All that does is make me mad and just ignore the map anyway.

Around the Network

A Wii U without the gamepad is ridiculous, it's just another "me too" console. You're not giving them extra money the pad is a part of the system itself, you navigate the operating system with it, heck you can use it as a television/set top box remote. I have been gaming probably longer than you have and I have no challenges with it ergonomically. In fact I question whether you have actually played with the gamepad for an extended period of time. I can easily say X sucks it is not good when I have never experienced it first hand.

Weird, I play better in the gamepad than on the pro controller. I think it's not bad, though the pro controller is waaaaay more comfortable. I think Wii U Pro > other controllers (haven't tried DS4 or Xbone's). But you know, we all have different opinions.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

BeElite said:
blackmages said:

It has the same button configuration of a regular controller.

feels weird holding it, to wide apart.  To used to the old way... two decades of it, and they choose to screw with what works.  

cry me a river.. poor guy can't adapt.  Every Nintendo console has had different layouts. You cannot tell me that two decades of the same thing. How did you play the Wii? how did oyu transition from snes to n64 with a control stick? how did you transition to a controller with two sticks?

If you had the pad so much get a pro controller. If you feel bitter about the extra cost, sell the gamepad. I am sure there be a buyer wanting a spare one. 

amak11 said:
BeElite said:

Sorry cant take any of that serious after that massive load of BS.

Too each their own, but reviews tell the truth. So if you can't agree with anything I said then I guess you have no taste in gaming.

lol any one wonder why some hate nintendo.  its their fans.  

Around the Network
BeElite said:
amak11 said:
BeElite said:

Sorry cant take any of that serious after that massive load of BS.

Too each their own, but reviews tell the truth. So if you can't agree with anything I said then I guess you have no taste in gaming.

lol any one wonder why some hate nintendo.  its their fans.  

I love how you imply I'm a fanboy. I'm a gaming enthusiast, not a pleb. I find games on all platforms to play and frankly if you hate the perfectly executed nature of Mario games and especially NSMBU then you have problems as a gamer in the whole. If I had to guess Battlefield or Call of Duty is in your top 5 favorite games? 

amak11 said:

I love how you imply I'm a fanboy. I'm a gaming enthusiast, not a pleb. I find games on all platforms to play and frankly if you hate the perfectly executed nature of Mario games and especially NSMBU then you have problems as a gamer in the whole. If I had to guess Battlefield or Call of Duty is in your top 5 favorite games? 

Did you read what i posted before you got yourself  overly emotional ?  I never said the game is bad, i made it clear i think that what was wrong was the controller not the games.  

LMAO 

Gotta agree with most people here, i really love the gamepad.
They didn't really use it yet (maybe in Zelda WW HD and 3D World..), but it feels really good.
Please don't generalise when most people who played with it actually liked it.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

BeElite said:
amak11 said:

Did you read what i posted before you got yourself  overly emotional ?  I never said the game is bad, i made it clear i think that what was wrong was the controller not the games.  

LMAO 

How comes that nearly no one has this problem, but you?
Have you ever thought about the game and the controls being good, but the problem is something else!?

So maybe, just maybe, you are the problem?
Just a guess...

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

I have wii u and I can confirm that game pad sucks for games that use analog triggers like zombi u and wonderful 101.