By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If third parties still fully supported the Wii U with Digital games only

TomaTito said:
freebs2 said:
spurgeonryan said:
VanceIX said:
It's not publishing that's the problem, it's developing for the system. Thee Wii U is now the only non x86 system on the market, which fragments the development for it.

That being said, I would be perfectly content with it, I'm mostly digital now anyway.

It is an hardware problem. X86 is the CPU core architecture, WiiU has PowerPC cores. It is impossible in any way to change that.

The CPU excuse doesn't fit, its their estimated ROI. For example we have the latest Resident Evil HD remake, only digital release, and the original remake was made on the Gamecube (PowerPC). Porting that to the WiiU should be a piece of cake, and then releasing via the eShop would make it all profits, but they aren't doing it, it isn't their focus; meanwhile 360 PowerPC, PS3 Cell, PS4/XB1 x86 and PC (x64?) are all getting ported. I'm sure it will even hit mobile.

I know perfectly they don't care to port it on WiiU, but awnsering to Spurgeonrayan question, even if you publish a game in digital version you still have to make a conversion, cause the consoles still have different specs and by the way, even thought X360 and WiiU processors are both made with PowerPC tecnology their architecture is very different.

Around the Network
freebs2 said:
TomaTito said:

The CPU excuse doesn't fit, its their estimated ROI. For example we have the latest Resident Evil HD remake, only digital release, and the original remake was made on the Gamecube (PowerPC). Porting that to the WiiU should be a piece of cake, and then releasing via the eShop would make it all profits, but they aren't doing it, it isn't their focus; meanwhile 360 PowerPC, PS3 Cell, PS4/XB1 x86 and PC (x64?) are all getting ported. I'm sure it will even hit mobile.

I know perfectly they don't care to port it on WiiU, but awnsering to Spurgeonrayan question, even if you publish a game in digital version you still have to make a conversion, cause the consoles still have different specs and by the way, even thought X360 and WiiU processors are both made with PowerPC tecnology their architecture is very different.

Every time you want to release something in another device, you have to port it. Code might run untouched on a range of x86 devices, but you need to optimize them as well due to the additional hardware differences. Problem is basicly an array of things.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"