By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - VGChartz EA Origin users.....

Tagged games:

ganoncrotch said:
Munkeh111 said:

Well it's clearly not offensive. If I want to play SimCity (yes I liked it!), starting it and playing the game is just as easy as compared to Steam, maybe easier. Steam is a terrible piece of software in so many ways, even simple things like the way it always seems to be updating

I should point out I do play on my PC, but it's more in bursts, without the same frequency as me playing on PS4

well steam has UI updates about once or twice a month I think at most so perhaps you just encounter an update every time you use it if you regularly don't use it for periods, as for games updating and patching.... I love that aspect of steam, far better imo than having to wait until you launch a game to find out there is a patch you need to download to be able to access the online area of the game like on the ps3. Should be noted too btw you can configure steam to not auto update your games if you have a poor connect or a download limit, I don't game often on the PC either if I'm honest (just WoW) but still I think the way steam handles game libraries is fairly nice.

Nope. It auto loads up every time I boot up my main PC. I'm 90% sure it's just a glitch, but it tells me updating Steam

I probably wasn't clear. I love the way it auto patches, but the interface as a whole is a bit clunky

Around the Network

Only thing I've used it for is Battlefield 3. If I ever decide to install Sims 3 I might use it then.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash