By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What I believe is Nintendo's remastered game for 2015.....

Is a Xenoblade HD remaster coming?

Yes 10 6.25%

Maybe 20 12.50%

No 47 29.38%

Mara you be cray cray, its Majoras Mask! 25 15.63%

Clearly Metroid Prime HD Collection. 26 16.25%

Some other game. 32 20.00%

Total:160

no. too much work.

Around the Network

a remake of mario galaxy without wii controls would be nice. good old controller.

xeno isnt really my cup of tea.

Maraccuda said:

Only recently we heard the rumour that Nintendo has a big remaster planned for 2015; 'You’re gonna love it, but it’s a Remaster. It’s perfect to fill gaps in the line-up. Really, Big N [Nintendo] will have one game per month in 2015', and while it is safe to assume it will be Majoras Mask (with all the hints over the last year and a bit) I really think the remaster planned will be...

Xenoblade!

Of course here is my reasoning.

1-Fast to make

Xenoblade on Wii wasnt graphically outstanding and some would say it looked like a Gamecube game. Well that just means like Wind Waker it could easily undergo the HD treatment within the same timeframe it took to make Wind Waker HD... maybe.

Sorry but I really don't think this is the case. WindWaker's HD transition worked so well because the game had a brilliant artstyle filled with block colours and minimalist geometry. What this meant is that there wasn't a huge emphasis on textures, or complex organic geometry. Nintendo pretty much threw some anti aliasing on the game and a new advance lighting system with bloom effects and the result was something stunning.

Xenoblade is the complete opposite of Windwaker. The devil is in detail and to bring those textures and models up to modern standards would require a lot more work IMO. I haven't played the game myself so I can't compare its scale to Windwaker but WW size is inflated by the huge chunks of vacant sea, I would presume its much smaller then Xenoblade, again ensuring it will be a much bigger under taking. Realistically I imagine a Xenoblade remaster would more along the lines of most PS2 remasters and not as impressive as WIndwaker. If that was the case, I don't think Nintendo could really make a big deal out of it or even sell as a full priced retail release, so for that reason I don't think thats game is the rumoured remaster although I wouldn't be surprised if we do see it next year.

In order for them to make it a flagship release they'd need to throw a huge team at it and I personally don't think it would be worth the effort. They should just release it on the Estore with better aliasing and resolution.

You know what they should do instead? Make Wii Mode obsolete by allowing us to play Wiiware and Wii games without it.

That would be a much easier way to promote Wii games.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

wait ,what?remaster and remake are different:P so if it is a remaster ,it will be a game from wii!

Around the Network
tak13 said:
wait ,what?remaster and remake are different:P so if it is a remaster ,it will be a game from wii!

Nintendo has a history of blurring the line between the two. Of course, they've never made a full-on remaster (I think Starfox 64 3D takes the cake here), but they keep remaking games...

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

TheWPCTraveler said:
You know what they should do instead? Make Wii Mode obsolete by allowing us to play Wiiware and Wii games without it.

That would be a much easier way to promote Wii games.

Haha I hate the Wii mode. I keep forgetting I have My Life as a King on there. Would play it otherwise.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

teigaga said:
Maraccuda said:

Only recently we heard the rumour that Nintendo has a big remaster planned for 2015; 'You’re gonna love it, but it’s a Remaster. It’s perfect to fill gaps in the line-up. Really, Big N [Nintendo] will have one game per month in 2015', and while it is safe to assume it will be Majoras Mask (with all the hints over the last year and a bit) I really think the remaster planned will be...

Xenoblade!

Of course here is my reasoning.

1-Fast to make

Xenoblade on Wii wasnt graphically outstanding and some would say it looked like a Gamecube game. Well that just means like Wind Waker it could easily undergo the HD treatment within the same timeframe it took to make Wind Waker HD... maybe.

Sorry but I really don't think this is the case. WindWaker's HD transition worked so well because the game had a brilliant artstyle filled with block colours and minimalist geometry. What this meant is that there wasn't a huge emphasis on textures, or complex organic geometry. Nintendo pretty much threw some anti aliasing on the game and a new advance lighting system with bloom effects and the result was something stunning.

Xenoblade is the complete opposite of Windwaker. The devil is in detail and to bring those textures and models up to modern standards would require a lot more work IMO. I haven't played the game myself so I can't compare its scale to Windwaker but WW size is inflated by the huge chunks of vacant sea, I would presume its much smaller then Xenoblade, again ensuring it will be a much bigger under taking. Realistically I imagine a Xenoblade remaster would more along the lines of most PS2 remasters and not as impressive as WIndwaker. If that was the case, I don't think Nintendo could really make a big deal out of it or even sell as a full priced retail release, so for that reason I don't think thats game is the rumoured remaster although I wouldn't be surprised if we do see it next year.

In order for them to make it a flagship release they'd need to throw a huge team at it and I personally don't think it would be worth the effort. They should just release it on the Estore with better aliasing and resolution.

I pretty much thought this. It would be more like the PS2 remasters on PS3, only subtley better in tersm of graphics but 1080p and what not.

As for full retail price... you never know, Nintendo does some strange things.

But yes would love it on eshop, along with a multitude of other games.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda