By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox Live attacked too it seems

LudicrousSpeed said:
True, the page says the PBS app is experiencing difficulties. Damn you Broken Lizard!

Woah woah woah, Broken Lizard has nothing to do with this.  Jay Chandrasekhar, Kevin Heffernan, Steve Lemme, Paul Soter and Erik Stolhanske were not involved. :P

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
True, the page says the PBS app is experiencing difficulties. Damn you Broken Lizard!

Indeed. That's all there is. Thanks for proving me right.

Affected services:

• Joining other Xbox Live members in online games

Hynad said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
ironmanDX said:
I've been playing diablo online...

I am playing it in single player though but isn't diablo always online like on pc? It's been updating my save on the battle.net servers.

Perhaps only us servers were targeted?

Seems some people apparently had some Diablo issues. Battle.net was attacked too, probably related to that. Nothing XBL related. I was also on Diablo a lot yesterday. Did kill two nemesis enemies from friend's games but was playing solo. Per usual, any "issues" were extremely hit or miss. Some are comparing it to the PSN attack, quite a stretch.

The problem isn't just Battle.net related. The XBox Live Status page is quite clear on that. Even if the issue isn't as wide spread as on Sony's side, some are quick to act as if there are no issues at all. Despite MS indicating the issues on their own site. 

You know, MS is such a lier that they are inventing the attacks to get simpathy like Sony./jk

Some people won't accept it happened even when MS says so, because live is perfect.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Imaginedvl said:
Lol there is huge difference. Xbox Live did not go for several hours... This is what mitigation is and Microsoft infrastructure is able to do it.
Was playing all the afternoon/evening and I did not even noticed it.

Me too. I've played all sunday and didn't have any trouble playing online or in partychat.

FiliusDei said:
Imaginedvl said:
Lol there is huge difference. Xbox Live did not go for several hours... This is what mitigation is and Microsoft infrastructure is able to do it.
Was playing all the afternoon/evening and I did not even noticed it.

Me too. I've played all sunday and didn't have any trouble playing online or in partychat.

My guess is when some of the Battle.net attacks happened, it maybe affected Diablo for some XBL users. The majority though seem to have been completely unaffected.

Around the Network
mornelithe said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Woah woah woah, Broken Lizard has nothing to do with this.  Jay Chandrasekhar, Kevin Heffernan, Steve Lemme, Paul Soter and Erik Stolhanske were not involved. :P

I am glad I am not the only one who knows Broken Lizard ;)

LudicrousSpeed said:
mornelithe said:

I am glad I am not the only one who knows Broken Lizard ;)

Hell yeah I know who they are, Super Troopers was filmed in part in my State, and was supposed to be about the Highway Patrol in Vermont :)