Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox Live attacked too it seems

celador said:
Lol, some guy on gaf:

Even multiplatform DDOS attacks don't come to Wii U

Lol, wow that one hurts.

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
Imaginedvl said:
Lol there is huge difference. Xbox Live did not go for several hours... This is what mitigation is and Microsoft infrastructure is able to do it.
Was playing all the afternoon/evening and I did not even noticed it.

This. The thread is smaller because 1. there are less Xbox people here and 2. it didn't affect seemingly a single person here, assuming there was even an issue at all. Compared to hours and hours of downtime.

Of course, nothing happened. No issues whatsoever. 

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status/

Xbox Live Status

Services

• Social and GamingLimited

Affected platforms:

• Xbox One

• Xbox 360

Affected services:

• Joining other Xbox Live members in online games

8/25/2014 5:40:25 AM CST:

Hi Xbox members. Are you having trouble connecting to Party Chat on Diablo III on Xbox One and Xbox 360? Additionally, Xbox One users, are you experiencing server unavailability issues? Us too, but we’re working alongside our partner to get these issues fixed ASAP! We’ll keep you posted when we have more information. In the meantime, thanks for staying patient.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/137016-Sony-PlayStaion-Network-Xbox-Live-DDoS-Attack-Hacked-SOE-President-Airplane-Bomb-Threat

Ive had no issues, I was on all last night, but XBL status says there is a problem with Diablo.  Whether that is a launch problem or DDoS, idk.  Maybe its just not a widespread issue, or maybe its secluded to diablo, i havent heard anything on it, or effected by it, so idk.

these hackers did UK gamers a favor, its a national bank holiday here in the UK and thanks to PSN getting hacked (or what ever you want to call it) Sony has delayed the maintenance planned for PSN today, while fan boy's can make their jokes the fact that thousands of playstation gamers in the UK can play online without any disruption is a pretty major bonus to those that have the day off work especially during the bank holiday with such crappy weather!

Current PC build:

Asus Z97I-Plus, i5 4790K @ 4.6ghz, EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 1377/1853/124%, Corsair Vengence Pro 2400mhz 2x 8192mb, Corsair RM850, Corsair H80i, 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD, 750GB Seagate Momentus XT SSHD, 320GB Weston Digital HDD, Corsair 230T, Corsair K50 Raptor, HP XQ500AA mouse, Windows 10 Pro 64bit. iiyama Pro Lite G2773HS 120Hz 1Ms G2G gaming monitor.

Fucking morons with no life.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network

Even if they try I think they can barely do it on Wii U, Nintendo is so obsessed with security and piracy, that it's more probable Nintendo owners suffers from insufficient Network infrastructures or Nature attack on servers location than DDoS attacks.

PS: sorry for bad english XD

I've been playing diablo online...

I am playing it in single player though but isn't diablo always online like on pc? It's been updating my save on the battle.net servers.

Perhaps only us servers were targeted?

ironmanDX said:

I am playing it in single player though but isn't diablo always online like on pc? It's been updating my save on the battle.net servers.

Seems some people apparently had some Diablo issues. Battle.net was attacked too, probably related to that. Nothing XBL related. I was also on Diablo a lot yesterday. Did kill two nemesis enemies from friend's games but was playing solo. Per usual, any "issues" were extremely hit or miss. Some are comparing it to the PSN attack, quite a stretch.

LudicrousSpeed said:
ironmanDX said:

Seems some people apparently had some Diablo issues. Battle.net was attacked too, probably related to that. Nothing XBL related. I was also on Diablo a lot yesterday. Did kill two nemesis enemies from friend's games but was playing solo. Per usual, any "issues" were extremely hit or miss. Some are comparing it to the PSN attack, quite a stretch.

The problem isn't just Battle.net related. The XBox Live Status page is quite clear on that. Even if the issue isn't as wide spread as on Sony's side, some are quick to act as if there are no issues at all. Despite MS indicating the issues on their own site. 

True, the page says the PBS app is experiencing difficulties. Damn you Broken Lizard!