By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "The Wii U is a better secondary console than the X1/PS4"

DerNebel said:
Michael-5 said:

So you're saying if they made a trailer for the game and showed it off, it should be counted? Well they showed a dozen Arcade games at E3 for Nintendo, guess we should count Pushmo World, Mario vs. Donkey Kong, A Hat in Time, Art Acadamy, Tengami......the list goes on.

I'm not saying ignore Rime, Wild, Pushmo World, etc, I'm saying count them separately.

Oh I get you're point about Smash Bros., fair point, but since I said lets count Tearaway, then lets count Smash.

Agree to disagree? So I prove to you that Nintendo will get more exclusives (both retail and arcade) then PS4, and you want to agree to disagree? Are you going to ignore Nintendo's arcade games now because only PSN games count? Nintendo has more exclusives to offer, both Retail and Arcade, and if Wii if anything to judge the quality by, then we can expect more highly rated exclusives for WiiU then any other 8th gen console. This makes WiiU the best 2nd console to own after a PS4/XB1.

Admit to being wrong, simple as that.

---

P.S. I find it funny how you only argued for PS4 being a better second console then WiiU. Do you admit XB1 is the worst 2nd console to own? PS4/WiiU make the best package IMO, + a 3DS.

Yes, those should be counted, in my opinion as soon as the game has warranted a seperate announcement (outside of a simple blog post) in the eyes of the publisher I'll count it. And no I'm not going to admit that I'm wrong, cause I'm not.

Why the hell count them seperately if people on PS4 at least are just as excited for those games as they are for the big retail games? Go to the PS4 exclusive elimination game thread and see, 2 of the 5 remaining games in the game are Rime and Wild. And No Man's Sky is probably more hyped than half of the retail games coming out next year, just to give an example.

I mean the fact that after all this arguing you still haven't noticed that 2 of the games in your original PS4 list of 12 are actually digital only titles makes me think that you are not really qualified to have this discussion about who has more games announced here.

And even if the Wii U has more games announced at the moment, so what? That thing has been out for a year longer and Sony (and btw I only talk about Sony, cause I'm not an Xbox fan and can't be bothered with finding out all that stuff about the X1) has shown that they are pushing announcements closer to release and that they are spacing them out over several conferences, other than Nintendo Sony has for example 2 more conferences planned in the next 4 weeks and at least one of those should give us a couple more new titles.

I've said this before in other threads but after TGS is over I'll make a thread with all announcements of the big 3 over the whole summer, then we can talk about who has more exclusives coming.

"So what Nintendo has the most games announced at the moment?" What indication is there that Sony will ever catch up? They fell further behind at E3 2014 and it's not like PS4 just released. Nintendo's biggest E3 for the WiiU was 2013, so why was Sony's 2014 so weak? The fact is WiiU often gets a lot of exclusives that never make it to PS/XB, and the gap is going to grow (just like it did for Wii). Unless you can show us why you expect this pattern to change, WiiU makes a metter 2nd console then PS4 or XB1.

Now stop stepping around the subject, you made an arguement based off false facts, and instead of admiting to being wrong, you choose to ignore facts? WiiU has more Retail, and Digital games then PS4. Like the Wii the number of exclusives (even if you only count the high quality ones) will grow. So tell me why will PS4 be a better secondary console then WiiU?

Regarding XB1, will you also admit WiiU is a better second console then XB1?

What if we don't see a difference after TGS? E3 was suppose to be both PS4's and XB1's time to shine, and neither announced anything big (this is why most gamers voted Nintendo as the winner for E3).

P.S. Regarding the PS4 Elimination game, Rime & Wild doing well means nothing. I've hosted a few of those games and seen a lot of meh do well. A lot of people vote up games which are about to die, so that they can downvote a more popular game they don't like, giving it a lower rank.

----

Regarding digital games, how do you propose that you measure it? Few people will buy a $300-$400 console for 1 or 2 $20 digital games, but for 1 or 2 $70 retail games, they might. I bought my WiiU for XenoBlade Chronicles and Mario Kart 8 (only 2 games), but for a smaller budget arcade title.......that's quite the investment.

Yes maybe Wild, Rime are popular on VGC, but can you tell me that it will sell more then Pushmo World? Casual games tend to sell better, and Pushmo is made by Intelligent Systems (Fire Emblem, Advance Wars, Paper Mario) and they also have a track record to making quality games.

Where do you draw the cut-off on what counts for digital games? Like I said before there are about 130 digital games in development for the WiiU exclusively, much much more then the PS4, but can we count each of those on par to Pushmo World, Rime, Uncharted, Zelda, etc?

So how do we differentiate?

DerNebel said:
ninjaman003 said:

I get this strange feeling he knew you were going to see it anyway. I don't think it'd be that much different if he replied straight to your post. It would look more random and insensitive actually.

Talking about someone as if he's not there even though you know exactly that he's going to see it anyway is one of the rudest things you can do.

Maybe he didn't want to distract you from me. Clearly I'm not the only one who read our posts and has come to the conclusion that WiiU has more exclusives in development. So admit to being wrong.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network

As a lot of people have previously stated, the Wii U's library has games that you simply can not get anywhere else and will continue to increase its exclusive library, both first and third party.

Personally, I believe the best method would be to have a PS4 and Wii U. Xbox One does not seem to like keeping its exclusives. They either make a version of the game for 360/PC and some cases both down the track.
Also Tomb Raider is only a timed exclusive so Playstation owners can still pick that up.

The third party games that aren't coming to the Wii U are mostly going to PS4, One, and PC anyways. So by getting a PS4, Wii U and if you are keen enough to commit to a third platform, PC is probably key. Any way this is just my opinion and those of you who disagree are welcome too. Just be polite about it is all ;)

Here is an article that lays out the case. I was going to post in a separate thread but, I don't have time today. http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/08/talking_point_the_wii_u_may_be_best_as_one_of_two_consoles_just_like_wii

Michael-5 said:
DerNebel said:

Yes, those should be counted, in my opinion as soon as the game has warranted a seperate announcement (outside of a simple blog post) in the eyes of the publisher I'll count it. And no I'm not going to admit that I'm wrong, cause I'm not.

Why the hell count them seperately if people on PS4 at least are just as excited for those games as they are for the big retail games? Go to the PS4 exclusive elimination game thread and see, 2 of the 5 remaining games in the game are Rime and Wild. And No Man's Sky is probably more hyped than half of the retail games coming out next year, just to give an example.

I mean the fact that after all this arguing you still haven't noticed that 2 of the games in your original PS4 list of 12 are actually digital only titles makes me think that you are not really qualified to have this discussion about who has more games announced here.

And even if the Wii U has more games announced at the moment, so what? That thing has been out for a year longer and Sony (and btw I only talk about Sony, cause I'm not an Xbox fan and can't be bothered with finding out all that stuff about the X1) has shown that they are pushing announcements closer to release and that they are spacing them out over several conferences, other than Nintendo Sony has for example 2 more conferences planned in the next 4 weeks and at least one of those should give us a couple more new titles.

I've said this before in other threads but after TGS is over I'll make a thread with all announcements of the big 3 over the whole summer, then we can talk about who has more exclusives coming.

"So what Nintendo has the most games announced at the moment?" What indication is there that Sony will ever catch up? They fell further behind at E3 2014 and it's not like PS4 just released. Nintendo's biggest E3 for the WiiU was 2013, so why was Sony's 2014 so weak? The fact is WiiU often gets a lot of exclusives that never make it to PS/XB, and the gap is going to grow (just like it did for Wii). Unless you can show us why you expect this pattern to change, WiiU makes a metter 2nd console then PS4 or XB1.

Now stop stepping around the subject, you made an arguement based off false facts, and instead of admiting to being wrong, you choose to ignore facts? WiiU has more Retail, and Digital games then PS4. Like the Wii the number of exclusives (even if you only count the high quality ones) will grow. So tell me why will PS4 be a better secondary console then WiiU?

What if we don't see a difference after TGS? E3 was suppose to be both PS4's and XB1's time to shine, and neither announced anything big (this is why most gamers voted Nintendo as the winner for E3).

P.S. Regarding the PS4 Elimination game, Rime & Wild doing well means nothing. I've hosted a few of those games and seen a lot of meh do well. A lot of people vote up games which are about to die, so that they can downvote a more popular game they don't like, giving it a lower rank.

----

Regarding digital games, how do you propose that you measure it? Few people will buy a $300-$400 console for 1 or 2 $20 digital games, but for 1 or 2 $70 retail games, they might. I bought my WiiU for XenoBlade Chronicles and Mario Kart 8 (only 2 games), but for a smaller budget arcade title.......that's quite the investment.

Yes maybe Wild, Rime are popular on VGC, but can you tell me that it will sell more then Pushmo World? Casual games tend to sell better, and Pushmo is made by Intelligent Systems (Fire Emblem, Advance Wars, Paper Mario) and they also have a track record to making quality games.

Where do you draw the cut-off on what counts for digital games? Like I said before there are about 130 digital games in development for the WiiU exclusively, much much more then the PS4, but can we count each of those on par to Pushmo World, Rime, Uncharted, Zelda, etc?

I already said wait until the summer is over, Nintendo has thrown everything they got into this one event, while Sony had announcements at E3, Gamescom and they will have more at TGS (I don't think they'll have much at the Sep 1st. event). Also regarding the Wii, I went over to metacritic again, mainly because I wanted to make a list that goes down to 75 but I really can't be arsed, and no matter how I count it using your rules, I get 7 Wii exclusives with a 90+ score and 11 on PS3. So if we now adjust your table for that, we get to what I said from the beginning, they have a comparable number of worthwile exclusives.

Also I never said the PS4 was a better secondary console, that was never my point, my point was that they can be equally good secondary consoles.

Regarding the games, does it also mean nothing when WiLDs trailer is one of the most watched trailers to come out of Sonys Gamescom? Even ahead of the Bloodborne gameplay trailer?

I told you were I draw the cut off line, if Sony or Nintendo publish it or feel it's worth to seperately announce it in one of their conferences/directs (outside of an indie reel) then I'll count it, that way I won't count trash like the Letter or something, simple as that.

And don't go into the direction of who'd buy a console for this or what would sell more or less, cause that's not only something we'll have a hard time knowing with these digital titles, but it's also something that the PS4 is going to win most of the time. No Man's Sky could very well outsell several Wii U retail games put together for example and possibly sell more systems as well and if WiLD turns out as the thing it's supposed to be then that could too.

And finally, just to make you happy, yes I admit at the moment it looks like the X1 is the worst choice. Happy now?

Btw. it's ironic, I never said what my choice for a secondary system would be aside from the PS4 I'll eventually buy, it'd be a Wii U. That's because I really want to play the new Zelda though and not because its games are so different etc. Zelda could just as well be Gears and my secondary console of choice could have very well just been an X1, that's why I wondered why it's apparently so agreed upon that you don't buy an X1 with a PS4 or vice versa and that the Wii U is the best secondary system.

DerNebel said:
Michael-5 said:
DerNebel said:

----

I already said wait until the summer is over, Nintendo has thrown everything they got into this one event, while Sony had announcements at E3, Gamescom and they will have more at TGS (I don't think they'll have much at the Sep 1st. event). Also regarding the Wii, I went over to metacritic again, mainly because I wanted to make a list that goes down to 75 but I really can't be arsed, and no matter how I count it using your rules, I get 7 Wii exclusives with a 90+ score and 11 on PS3. So if we now adjust your table for that, we get to what I said from the beginning, they have a comparable number of worthwile exclusives.

Also I never said the PS4 was a better secondary console, that was never my point, my point was that they can be equally good secondary consoles.

Regarding the games, does it also mean nothing when WiLDs trailer is one of the most watched trailers to come out of Sonys Gamescom? Even ahead of the Bloodborne gameplay trailer?

I told you were I draw the cut off line, if Sony or Nintendo publish it or feel it's worth to seperately announce it in one of their conferences/directs (outside of an indie reel) then I'll count it, that way I won't count trash like the Letter or something, simple as that.

And don't go into the direction of who'd buy a console for this or what would sell more or less, cause that's not only something we'll have a hard time knowing with these digital titles, but it's also something that the PS4 is going to win most of the time. No Man's Sky could very well outsell several Wii U retail games put together for example and possibly sell more systems as well and if WiLD turns out as the thing it's supposed to be then that could too.

And finally, just to make you happy, yes I admit at the moment it looks like the X1 is the worst choice. Happy now?

Btw. it's ironic, I never said what my choice for a secondary system would be aside from the PS4 I'll eventually buy, it'd be a Wii U. That's because I really want to play the new Zelda though and not because its games are so different etc. Zelda could just as well be Gears and my secondary console of choice could have very well just been an X1, that's why I wondered why it's apparently so agreed upon that you don't buy an X1 with a PS4 or vice versa and that the Wii U is the best secondary system.

Why wait? You made a thread stating why will WiiU be the best 2nd console to own over the next 4-5 years, I (with others) answered showing you raw figures why WiiU will be the best over the generation. Why make a thread only to get proven wrong, and then answer "wait." Why not just admit you were wrong, and that this thread was pointless.

Wii proved that under similar circumstances it was the best 2nd console to own. WiiU already has the most exclusives released, the most upcoming, and is announcing games at a higher rate then Sony is for PS4. There is no reason to think this will change, not now, and likely not in the future.

Now you're just being stubborn. You made a thread stating why is it better to own a WiiU as a 2nd console, and won't admit you were wrong.

----

Regarding Wild: So what that the trailer is more veiwed then Bloodborne? Do we rate games by hype/sales? If so then Nintendo wins hands down because stuff like Mario Kart, Smash Bros and Mario Party will outsell anything Sony has (except maybe GT, but MK will beat that).

Wild is still not a $70 retail game, people don't buy a $400 console for a $20 arcade game. Plus where would you draw the cut off? Wild might be good, but what about the other 130 arcade exclusives on WiiU? I bet Ps4 will have a bunch too, do they all deserve the same credit a full pledged retail game will have?

-----

Regarding metacritic. I counted 8 because of Trilogy, which isn't really fair because Trilogy includes MP3. So it's 7 for Wii, 8 for PS3 (where are you getting 11?) Even so, because Wii has 4 more games at 80+ (31-27-23), it's still a better alternative then PS3.

------

You're OP asked why is the WiiU a better alterative then others, not is PS4 as good. I argued that and showed you that WiiU is already way ahead of the PS4 in terms of exclusives and that gap is growing. PS4 is comparable, I agree, and at the end of the day it's a matter of preference for the exclusives, but in terms of raw figures, I already showed you that WiiU is better.

If this isn't a good enough explanation, then you're just playing ignoarant....

-------

As for your last point, you're just playing ignorant.......Almost every reply said it's a matter of preference, some people will buy an XB1 as a 2nd console for Gears of War. Not everyone likes Nintendo....or XB....or Sony. However if you're going to make an arguement over why it's generally agreed upon that WiiU makes a better preference, well most people won't be swayed by a single game or two. Nintendo offers the most (I have shown this many times), so unless you personally don't like Nintendo, WiiU makes the smartest 2nd console (or 1st).

Personally, I feel that PS4/WiiU make the best combo, and most people in this thread reflect that opinion. However some will prefer XB1/PS4, PC/WiiU, PC/PS4, etc. It's all a matter of preference.

Plus as a 2nd console, the $100 difference in price should also serve as a tie-breaker if one were to exist (WiiU is still > PS4, sorry )

I wasn't planning on typing so much....back to Bravely Default STUPID F**KING GRINDING!!!!

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network

It is a myth that Nintendo has an experience that Sony does not offer.Tearaway,Knack and LBP are all Nintendo style games (as pointed out many times by Ninteendo fans) and so are games like Puppeteer and Sly Cooper.

So why do people keep saying that Nintendo offers something completely different that can not be found on either of the other two consoles? All Nintendo does is pump out Mario games.

The only game from them I like is Zelda.I already have a 3DS for that and have no interest in the Wii U. Not everyone likes what Nintedo offers, so keep that as your own opinion that their games are the best or worth while.The sales says otherwise and people do not like the Wii U.

sweetoothj said:

Also another thing is ps4/ xbox one owners love shooters more than they love child games/ platformer games. Sales reflect this significantly. So ps4 owner would be more intrested in xbox exclusives over wii exclusives and vice versa.

Metroid Prime brah

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

DerNebel said:

A comment I read quite a lot on the internet and I'd like someone to explain it to me, why does it make more sense for someone that already owns a PS4/X1 to buy a Wii U instead of a X1/PS4. Please keep in mind that I'm talking about the whole generation not just right now. Why will in let's say 4-5 years the Wii U be a better secondary system than the others?

I'm guessing because most games on PS4/X1 will probably go to PC as well. WiiU's getting games only available on WiiU. Also, backwards compatibility.

Busterman said:
All Nintendo does is pump out Mario games.

Well that's your objectivity flushed down the toilet.

@OP:

If you like pedoplumber games it's the only valid choice.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!