By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No Man's Sky Can Be Played Offline

THIS is next gen!

Around the Network
Mystro-Sama said:
This game is waaaay too hyped. I just feel people are going to be disappointed.

Maybe people are hyped because they have been disappointed.

If anything, I'm just glad it should partially get rid of the negative view of indies for a while, and as a fully released, fully supported game, it shouldn't be the broken messes of many AAA and the unplayable messes of early access indies.

Personally, I'm just happy because its exactly what I want. Notch said he was making a game called X10C some time 2 years ago but we haven't heard anything from it and this game looks a lot better.

EDIT: Destiny is always online, and everyone expected this game to be always online now has offline. That is pretty big.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Great cover.

Sold. This was my only fear. Having to play constantly online (and paying for the privilege) for a game where as they put it "You're unlikely to meet someone else".

Hmm, pie.

Now they've got my attention.

Around the Network

This and The Witcher 3 are the main reasons why I'm getting a gaming rig this Holiday season.
Can't wait.

I'm still not over the fact that they are only 4 devs in this studio.

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.

Mystro-Sama said:

Not necessarily. If they just allow me to explore thousands of planets in my spaceship, I will completely satisfied.

And I don't think I'm the only one thinking that way.

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.

Dadrik said:
Mystro-Sama said:

Not necessarily. If they just allow me to explore thousands of planets in my spaceship, I will completely satisfied.

You are not the only one. 

Burek said:
Dadrik said:
Mystro-Sama said:

You are not the only one. 

I will buy a PS4 for this game alone!

News like these is a slap in my face. Digital games, game streaming and always online games makes me quit my hobby. Console gaming really died when online features came in it.