By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Public Relations

Nicklesbe said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Nicklesbe said:

Was it really a really good question? or did it simply appear really good compared to my complete shite one? :P Honestly tho it was a good question.

Your question was good, but Vivisters was really good, because it was a lot more difficult to be honest.

Agreed. it does make me wonder tho. What inspired this insight into PR? Have some scuffs with it recently?

The desire for this clarification has been mounting since I've been here although the more egrgious cases recently this week were the trigger.

I'm not gonna mention them in quotes, but not to protect the offenders, because some people will call me soft >:|.but because I don't feel like it in typical Killinger fashion.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Underlined is my answer, although I should be more direct.

Technically, speaking an fact that cannot be proven true, either because of time sensitivity or the effort needed to prove it true would hold the same weight as an opinion.

But its a matter of opinion itself whether this kind of Fact would be worth more weight than an opinion. Some people are happy enough that it cannot be proven false.

And in the end you will see these people fighting with the other people who are happy that it can't be proven correct.

And then those people who are skeptical of the purported fact will refer to your second sentence of your opinion piece and will be even happier.

:)

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Ah indeed, indeed. Lots of interesting topic popping up lately covering many angles where PR is involved. They have contained equal parts hilarity, and equal parts soul crushing sadness. So good show. A lesson in PR is definitely needed.

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

vivster said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Underlined is my answer, although I should be more direct.

Technically, speaking an fact that cannot be proven true, either because of time sensitivity or the effort needed to prove it true would hold the same weight as an opinion.

But its a matter of opinion itself whether this kind of Fact would be worth more weight than an opinion. Some people are happy enough that it cannot be proven false.

And in the end you will see these people fighting with the other people who are happy that it can't be proven correct.

And then those people who are skeptical of the purported fact will refer to your second sentence of your opinion piece and will be even happier.

:)

Just link the thread.

B)

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank